Exploring Physics: From Layman to Professional

• Thread starter Cory Keller
  • Start date
In summary, exploring physics involves understanding the fundamental laws and principles that govern the behavior of the physical world. From a layman's perspective, this can involve learning about basic concepts such as motion, energy, and forces. As one delves deeper into the field, they will encounter more complex theories and equations that explain phenomena ranging from the behavior of particles to the workings of the universe. Becoming a professional in physics requires years of study and research, as well as a deep understanding of mathematics and critical thinking skills. However, the rewards of exploring physics can lead to groundbreaking discoveries and advancements in technology and our understanding of the world around us.
Cory Keller
Hey I'm Cory and I'm just your everyday physics layman. I don't have any training in physics, but have been a fan of all of it since i was younger. I enjoy watching documentaries about physics and try to pay attention to new developments. Big fan of NASA's warp drive. I love the concept of space travel and planetary colonization. Recently I've had more philosophical concepts, but don't have the science to back it with. So I decided to come to the professionals, and as well to maybe bounce some ideas around. Also I would love to hear some of what you guys got bouncing around in those big brains.I do not watch Big Bang Theory.

Alright, yeah I do.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

Cory Keller said:
. Recently I've had more philosophical concepts, but don't have the science to back it with. So I decided to come to the professionals, and as well to maybe bounce some ideas around.

Unfortunately you have come to the wrong place if you want to talk about personal theories or philosophical questions. We generally do not allow those here at PF since they essentially never lead to a useful conversation and tend to attract crackpots like gravity attracts falling vases. But, if you want to learn about mainstream science, feel free to stay and to ask questions about it. You can find more information at the PF Terms and Rules page.

Back