Exploring Possibilities of No Movement FTL Travel

In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of building a device that can create distance between two objects, allowing for faster-than-light travel and the potential for translocating mass. The concept is based on principles of relativity and inflation theory. However, the practicality and efficiency of such a device are questioned and it is suggested that it may simply push both objects away instead of creating a translocation.
AP
I was thinking a while back, after reading something about inflation. if you could build a device that will increse the distance between you and an object(lets say earth), you would be able the change posision faster then sublightspeed motion allows. because you would create distance, of which there is no maximum rate of expansion, between two object, you would be able to shrink the distance between any object if that object were in a stait line between the two things that you were increseing the distance between.

if you follow me, that would be a way to translocate anyamount of mass. but you would first have to have that way to create distance between two specific objects.

I would like your thoughts on this matter.

Astronomy news on Phys.org
Read the posting guidelines. What part of 'personal theories' do you not understand? If you are serious, show the math.

Last edited:
I think he/she is talking about the fact that general relativity allows the space between two objects to expand faster than the speed of light, in some "reasonable" coordinate system (though nothing ever exceeds the speed of light locally of course). Something like this is the idea behind the Alcubierre warp drive.

With respect to Chronos' objection, I'll assume AP is proposing to build a device that is consistent with workings of the mainstream models of the universe (since AP mentioned inflation theory and some principles of relativity theory). But yeah, if AP is proposing a device that works assuming a model other than relativity/etc. is in play, then we'll end the speculation here.

AP said:
if you could build a device that will increse the distance between you and an object(lets say earth),

Meaning a device that creates spacetime, right?

you would be able the change posision faster then sublightspeed motion allows.

I suppose it would depend on the efficiency of the device, assuming such a thing can be built at all.

because you would create distance, of which there is no maximum rate of expansion, between two object, you would be able to shrink the distance between any object if that object were in a stait line between the two things that you were increseing the distance between.

if you follow me, that would be a way to translocate anyamount of mass.

Wouldn't you just push both objects away?

initial condition:
Device - Earth - Object

creating new space:
Device ---- Earth - Object
(no change between the Earth & the Object)

Related to Exploring Possibilities of No Movement FTL Travel

1. How likely is it that we will achieve No Movement FTL Travel in the near future?

There is currently no scientific evidence to suggest that No Movement FTL Travel is possible. However, research and experiments are ongoing to explore the possibilities of this concept.

2. What are the potential benefits of No Movement FTL Travel?

If it were possible, No Movement FTL Travel could revolutionize space exploration and transportation. It would allow us to travel vast distances in a short amount of time, potentially opening up new frontiers for humanity to explore.

3. What are the main challenges in developing No Movement FTL Travel?

One of the main challenges is overcoming the laws of physics, particularly the limitations of the speed of light. Additionally, the technology and resources required for such a feat are currently beyond our capabilities.

4. Are there any potential negative consequences of achieving No Movement FTL Travel?

As with any major advancement in technology, there could be potential negative consequences. It is important to consider the ethical and environmental implications of developing and utilizing No Movement FTL Travel.

5. How can we continue to explore possibilities of No Movement FTL Travel?

Research and experimentation are key in further exploring the possibilities of No Movement FTL Travel. Continued collaboration and funding towards this area of study can also help to advance our understanding and potential for achieving this concept.