Exploring Quantum Mechanics: From DFT to QFT and Beyond

• Thread starter Gan_HOPE326
  • Start date
In summary, Quantum Mechanics is a field of physics that aims to explain the behavior of particles at the microscopic level. It has gone through various developments, including Density Functional Theory (DFT) and Quantum Field Theory (QFT), to better understand the fundamental principles of nature. These theories have led to groundbreaking discoveries and advancements in technology, such as transistors and lasers. However, the search for a unifying theory that can fully explain the behavior of all particles continues, with the hope of unlocking even more mysteries of the quantum world.
Gan_HOPE326
Hi guys!

I'm a computational physicist for work - mostly I work with Density Functional Theory and other quantum mechanics-related topic. I'm an engineer but have a Physics PhD and now I'm mostly working coding in Python or Fortran. On my free time I'm trying to delve more into other parts of quantum mechanics - QFT especially. I don't necessarily expect to need it for my work (though I could use the maths & insights for some techniques, like instanton-based tunnelling rate calculations, or path-integral molecular dynamics) but I find it an enjoyable and fascinating. I also like creating visualisations or interactive applets, or even game ideas, based on physics, so I'm looking for inspiration as well. But I'd be happy to discuss it with someone while I go along as well as get some help when I'm stuck, so here I am! Nice to meet you!

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi Gan_HOPE326. :welcome:

holly-1756.gif

Likes Gan_HOPE326