Exploring the Diverse Applications of Electrical Engineering: An Introduction

• Thread starter Zenphamy
  • Start date
In summary, electrical engineering is a vast field with diverse applications, ranging from designing and building electronic devices to developing power systems and communication networks. It involves the study and application of electricity, electronics, and electromagnetism to solve real-world problems and improve our daily lives. Some common applications include the development of renewable energy sources, advancements in medical technology, and automation in various industries. Electrical engineers play a crucial role in the modern world, constantly pushing the boundaries of innovation and creating solutions for a wide range of challenges.
Zenphamy
Hello all. I'm a retired Electrical Engineer graduated from University of MO-Rolla many years ago, with 8 credit hours short of a second degree in Physics and 4 hours short of another degree in Mathematics, following 4 yrs of US Navy Avionics Technician. I much preferred Electrical Engineering and particularly the applications of Physics and Electromagnetism.

I've worked in aircraft applications, communications, industrial computerized and control systems research and development, mining, metals manufacturing, oil & gas refining, the lumber and paper industries, electrical generation and distribution, research and developmental projects and a few tangential areas such as a short term College teaching position in Introductory Physics and Electromagnetism Basics and development of 4 yr Electrical/Electronic Technician Apprenticeship-Training Programs.

At the time of my graduation, the half-life of an Electrical Engineering degree was approximately 2 yrs which has led me to a permanent addiction to continued education. This Forum entices me to participate in order to continue feeding that need. Thank you for allowing me to participate.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the forum Zemphamy! Gee, I've actually been to Rolla, MO, went there years ago to see a client. Small world.

Likes Zenphamy
Welcome from a fellow EE (which I last practiced some time in the early '80's)

Evo said:
Welcome to the forum Zemphamy! Gee, I've actually been to Rolla, MO, went there years ago to see a client. Small world.
Thanks for the welcome. It seems that Rolla connects quite a bit of the technical, engineering, and research population.

phinds said:
Welcome from a fellow EE (which I last practiced some time in the early '80's)
Thanks for the kind greeting. EE's seem to be a popular group.