Exploring the Impact of Science on Our Understanding of the World

• Thread starter Tesagk
  • Start date
In summary, science has greatly impacted our understanding of the world through its rigorous methods of observation, experimentation, and analysis. It has allowed us to gain a deeper understanding of the natural world, from the tiniest particles to the vastness of the universe. Through scientific advancements, we have been able to cure diseases, improve technology, and make groundbreaking discoveries about our planet's history and the origins of life. Science continues to push the boundaries of our knowledge and shape our understanding of the world in which we live.
Tesagk
I have a B.A. in Psychology at a school that had a Research-first oriented mindset. That being said, I still consider myself more of a science "groupie".

As a writer, nothing gets to me better in a world of fantasy or science fiction than "science done right". It doesn't have to be perfect or even 100% exact. The key, for me, is a system which can internally validate itself, where its rules are consistent, even if they defy our conventional understanding of physics, biology, chemistry, or otherwise.

On a more serious note, I'm also a big fan of science in its impact on how we view the world around us. I like to keep up with the latest in research, as well as theorizing or talking philosophically about what the results of research might mean in terms of future research, or future applied applications based on the those results.

I'm probably here to lurk more than anything. If I do post, it will often be to ask questions, (most of the theoretical and hypothetical variety for writing), more than to provide answers. However, if I happen to know an answer to something, and it seems prudent to respond with that knowledge, I'll be more than willing to.

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi Tesagk.
welcome_bike.gif