Exploring the Intersection of Math and Physics: A Journey of Self-Discovery

• Thread starter soules9219
  • Start date
soules9219
Hello,

I am a finance/economics graduate from a tier 2 business school, and although I am overall pleased with my education, following my junior year, I could not stop feeling the need to revisit math (as this is important for finance, albeit mostly depending on the area), which has led me all the way here. I was never particularly good in math and although I am not even close to the level I want to be (problem is I'm not exactly sure what that "level" is), I feel the desire to push on. I think learning about physics, whether it be classical, quantum or electromagnetism is very interesting. I enjoy reading a lot so please feel free to suggest me any books (at this stage I am still learning some of the basics, but my interest is not so much in computation, but more in the intuitive aspects, however, I also enjoy rigorous mathematical proofs). The only problem with my pursuit is that I am not the best organized individual, so I think this forum will be good as a reference as well as learning from others on how to put together my "tree of knowledge" (i.e. http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/hframe.html)

I'm not sure how much I will be of use to others on the forum, but I will try and lend myself wherever I can. I look forward to talking about mathematics and physics.

Best Regards,
Soules

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi soules9219. :welcome: