Exploring the Intersection of Math and Physics: Insights from a Math Major

• Thread starter icarus-II
  • Start date
In summary, the intersection of math and physics offers valuable insights for those studying math. A math major can gain a deeper understanding of complex mathematical concepts by exploring their applications in physics, while also developing critical problem-solving skills. Additionally, the mathematical principles and formulas used in physics can provide a practical and tangible context for abstract mathematical theories. This intersection also allows for the discovery of new connections and applications, leading to advancements in both fields. By exploring the intersection of math and physics, a math major can gain a well-rounded education and contribute to the advancement of scientific knowledge.
icarus-II
How did you find PF?
I've been a lurker for years.
Three more semesters to go and I've decided to focus on differential equations and analysis. Really interested in physics and engineering too. Pure math is a lot of fun and I would totally pursue that if I wasn't concerned with job prospects/being confined to academia.

Any other math nerds who've done work in physics, let me know! I'm interested in learning what you do and why you do it.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
:welcome:

It's good you finally took the plunge!