Exploring the Intersection of Science and Fiction

• Thread starter Christopheles
  • Start date
In summary, the intersection of science and fiction is a rich and complex field that explores the relationship between scientific concepts and fictional storytelling. It involves examining how science is portrayed and utilized in various forms of fiction, from books and movies to video games and virtual reality experiences. This intersection allows for the exploration of ethical and moral implications of scientific advancements, as well as the potential for inspiring and shaping future scientific discoveries. It also provides a platform for examining societal attitudes and perceptions towards science and technology. Ultimately, the intersection of science and fiction offers endless possibilities for both entertainment and education, blurring the lines between what is real and what is imagined.
Christopheles
Hi everybody,

I was Googling some information about barometric pressure and quantum computing (as you do) and came across this forum. You guys seem pretty knowledgeable.

I'm a writer from Canada who is currently living in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. Currently I'm completing the first draft of a cyberpunk novel that has been in "the toaster" for a few years now. I've been writing for 30 years or so but my background is not scientific. If you guys are able to help me out with some questions and help me navigate some of the plausibility of my ideas, I would be incredibly grateful.

Thanks in advance to anyone who might take the time to answer my noobish questions.

In return if I can help you with any writing stuff, I'd be more than happy.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF. :smile:

Be sure to check out our Science Fiction Writing area -- you should get some good help in there. :smile:

Likes Evo
berkeman said:
Welcome to the PF. :smile:

Be sure to check out our Science Fiction Writing area -- you should get some good help in there. :smile:

I saw that before I signed up! It sealed the deal for me. Thanks.

Likes berkeman