Exploring the Relationship Between P and q in Extremal Corners (Erdman)

• Thread starter baby_1
  • Start date
In summary, the poster is asking for help in finding a relationship between P and q that will result in a corner, but they are struggling to find a good value for lambda and are unsure if their approach is correct. They are also unclear about what is meant by "Erdman's Equation" and how it relates to their problem. They request clarification and alternative methods.
baby_1

Homework Statement

Capture111.PNG

Homework Equations

if.latex?%5Ctext%7BErdman%27s%20Equation%3D%7D%5Cfrac%7B%5Cpartial%20F%7D%7B%5Cpartial%20y%27%7D.gif

The Attempt at a Solution

gif.gif

gif.gif
[/B]
and tried to find relationship between P and q that aren't the same to have a corner.
gif.gif

But as you see it doesn't give me a good value for lambda and I can't derive lambda>2 . Is it correct approach? or should I test and other way?

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
baby_1 said:

Homework Statement

View attachment 94989

Homework Equations

if.latex?%5Ctext%7BErdman%27s%20Equation%3D%7D%5Cfrac%7B%5Cpartial%20F%7D%7B%5Cpartial%20y%27%7D.gif

The Attempt at a Solution

gif.gif

gif.gif
[/B]
and tried to find relationship between P and q that aren't the same to have a corner.
gif.gif

But as you see it doesn't give me a good value for lambda and I can't derive lambda>2 . Is it correct approach? or should I test and other way?

Thanks

Your posting is incomprehensible to other readers: we have no idea at all what you mean by ##p## and ##q##, since they were not mentioned anywhere in your problem.

Also: I am sure that your statement ##\text{Erdman's Equation} = \partial F / \partial y'## is meaningless: an equation is not a quantity.

Please re-write your question in meaningful form.

Related to Exploring the Relationship Between P and q in Extremal Corners (Erdman)

1. What is the "Corner of extremals" in relation to Erdman?

The Corner of extremals is a mathematical concept introduced by the Russian mathematician Nikolai Erdman. It refers to the point where the two curves representing the maximum and minimum of a given function intersect.

2. How is the Corner of extremals used in optimization problems?

In optimization problems, the Corner of extremals is used to find the optimal solution by identifying the point where the maximum and minimum curves intersect. This allows for a more efficient and accurate solution to the problem.

3. Can you explain the mathematical formula for finding the Corner of extremals?

The mathematical formula for finding the Corner of extremals involves taking the derivative of the given function and setting it equal to zero. This will give the x-value for the point of intersection between the maximum and minimum curves.

4. What is the significance of the Corner of extremals in real-life applications?

The concept of the Corner of extremals has many real-life applications, such as in economics, engineering, and physics. It is used to determine the most efficient and optimal solutions in various fields, such as maximizing profits, minimizing costs, and optimizing designs.

5. Are there any limitations or drawbacks to using the Corner of extremals?

While the Corner of extremals is a useful concept in optimization problems, it may not always provide the most accurate solution. In some cases, there may be multiple points of intersection between the maximum and minimum curves, making it difficult to determine which one is the optimal solution. Additionally, the Corner of extremals assumes that the given function is continuous and differentiable, which may not always be the case in real-world scenarios.