Exploring the Role of Observation in History and Science: An Introduction

• Thread starter edmund cavendish
  • Start date
In summary, observation plays a crucial role in both history and science as it allows for the gathering and interpretation of data and evidence. Through observation, we are able to gain a deeper understanding of past events and phenomena, as well as make new discoveries and advancements in the scientific field. Observational skills are essential for both historians and scientists to accurately document and analyze information, leading to a better understanding of our world and its complexities.
edmund cavendish
Hello
I am introducing myself as a new member. My name is Ed Cavendish. I am an Oxford History MA who studied at The Queen's College. I have taught history to pupils applying to Oxford and Cambridge for over 30 years. My particular interest is in the philosophy of history and that has led through history of science and postmodernism to issues of knowledge and the role of the observer to Berkeley and quantum mechanics. Though no trained scientist I am widely read and am particularly fascinated by the nature and impact of observation Sassure Berkeley Shrodinger.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome edmund!