Exploring the World: Understanding the Basics of Physics

• Thread starter LayPerson3336
  • Start date
In summary, exploring the world and understanding its basic principles and laws of physics is crucial for gaining a deeper understanding and appreciation of the world around us. Physics helps us explain and predict the behavior of objects and systems, from the tiniest particles to the vast universe. By studying topics such as motion, energy, and forces, we can better comprehend the workings of our everyday lives and the natural phenomena that shape our world. With its wide range of applications, from technology to medicine, physics plays a vital role in shaping our society and advancing human knowledge.
LayPerson3336
How did you find PF?
Phys.org website, I go there every day.
Ever since I was a little kid I was fascinated by how things work. Whether it was how a combustion engine moves a car, a transistor radio plays music, or why the sun is hot. That's why Physics really interests me, from quantum to particle, to condensed matter. They all explain in their sub field how things work. Sadly I have no formal training in any category of Physics or Mathematics (so excuse me for posting stupid questions), but I do have a never ending thirst for learning, and that's why I'm here.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF! :smile: