Feasible to export and manipulate Mathematica animations in Powerpoint?

Your Name]In summary, the individual is looking for a way to export dynamic animations from Mathematica to Powerpoint without significant loss in quality. They are also curious about other software options that can provide similar functionality. Suggestions for exporting as a GIF file or using third-party software such as Adobe After Effects are provided, as well as a personal recommendation for Maple as a presentation tool.
raycjg
Hi PhysicsForummers!

I'm working to export some dynamic animations from Mathematica to Powerpoint but found that the only way is to export into a video file before inserting into Ppt.

This makes the picture blur and i wonder is there any way i can export without dramatic loss in quality (never mind if its in vid) and manipulate Mathematica animations in Powerpoint?

They are for use in a presentation on Computer Aided Geometric Design (see attached pic) and notes preparation. Other suggestions that allow presentations to be as simple to prepare using Ppt and yet harness the functionality and graphics, dynamic interactivity of Mathematica is welcomed.

I've heard of Maple, Cinderella, Javaview etc. are they more suitable?

Thanks for sharing!

i'm using Mathematica 8.

Ray

Attachments

• Test.jpg
    Test.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 454
Physics news on Phys.org

Hello Ray,

Thank you for sharing your question with the PhysicsForum community! I am a scientist with experience in using Mathematica for research and presentations, so I hope I can provide some helpful insights.

First of all, I completely understand your frustration with the blurring of images when exporting from Mathematica to Powerpoint. This is a common issue and unfortunately, there is no perfect solution. However, there are some steps you can take to minimize the loss of quality.

One option is to export your animations as a GIF file instead of a video file. GIF files tend to have better quality when inserted into Powerpoint. To do this, you can use the "Export" function in Mathematica and specify the file type as "GIF." You may have to play around with the resolution and frame rate to get the desired quality.

Another option is to use a third-party software, such as Adobe After Effects, to enhance the quality of your exported video file before inserting it into Powerpoint. This can be time-consuming, but it may be worth it for important presentations.

As for other software options, I have personally used Maple for presentations and found it to be quite user-friendly and versatile. However, I have not used Cinderella or Javaview, so I cannot speak to their suitability for your specific needs. It may be worth exploring and experimenting with different software to see which one best fits your workflow and presentation style.

I hope this helps and I wish you success with your presentation on Computer Aided Geometric Design!

Related to Feasible to export and manipulate Mathematica animations in Powerpoint?

1. Is it possible to export Mathematica animations to Powerpoint?

Yes, it is possible to export Mathematica animations to Powerpoint. Mathematica has a built-in feature that allows users to export their animations in various formats, including .avi and .swf, which can be easily inserted into a Powerpoint presentation.

2. How can I export my Mathematica animation to Powerpoint?

To export your Mathematica animation to Powerpoint, you can use the "Export" function in Mathematica. Simply select the animation you want to export, choose the desired format, and save the file to your computer. Then, you can insert the exported animation into your Powerpoint presentation.

3. Can I edit my Mathematica animation in Powerpoint?

No, you cannot directly edit a Mathematica animation in Powerpoint. However, you can make changes to the animation in Mathematica and then re-export it to Powerpoint. Alternatively, you can use Powerpoint's animation tools to add effects or transitions to the exported animation.

4. Will my Mathematica animation retain its quality when exported to Powerpoint?

Yes, the quality of your Mathematica animation will remain the same when exported to Powerpoint. However, the quality of the animation may be affected by the file format you choose to export it in. It is recommended to use high-quality formats, such as .avi or .swf, to ensure the best results.

5. Are there any limitations to exporting and manipulating Mathematica animations in Powerpoint?

Yes, there are some limitations to exporting and manipulating Mathematica animations in Powerpoint. For example, Powerpoint may not support some of the advanced features of Mathematica animations, such as interactivity. Additionally, the file size of the exported animation may be larger, which can affect the performance of your Powerpoint presentation.