Feynman diagrams for Quantum Gravity

In summary, the conversation discusses an idea for obtaining renormalizable Feynman diagrams for General Relativity by exchanging renormalizability with non-locality. The poster asks for others to try calculating any quantum amplitude and to share their results. They also confirm that the paper will be published on ArXiv and apologize if they have violated any forum rules.
isidrago
Dear collegues,

I want to share with you a little idea which permits to obtain (almost apparently) renormalizable Feynman diagrams for General Relativity. (See attached file) This idea exchanges renormalizability with non-locality. I'll vary fain if someone of you will try to calculate any quantum amplitude. Please share your results too. Thank you for attention. I hope do not violate the forum rules with this post.

Diego Marin (Ph.D.)

Attachments

• unlocal_gravity.pdf
    486.5 KB · Views: 345
Physics news on Phys.org
I have read. This paper will be published tuesday on ArXiv. There are two days of advance: are they acceptable?

with this additional information I would say 'yes' ;-)

I'll put a link to paper on arXiv as it becomes available. Thank you for your patience.

Related to Feynman diagrams for Quantum Gravity

1. What are Feynman diagrams for Quantum Gravity?

Feynman diagrams for Quantum Gravity are graphical representations used in theoretical physics to visualize and calculate interactions between particles in quantum gravity. They were first introduced by physicist Richard Feynman in the 1940s.

2. How do Feynman diagrams help in understanding Quantum Gravity?

Feynman diagrams provide a visual representation of the complex mathematical equations involved in quantum gravity. They help to simplify calculations and make it easier to understand the interactions between particles in this theory.

3. Can Feynman diagrams be used to solve all problems in Quantum Gravity?

No, Feynman diagrams are a useful tool, but they cannot be used to solve all problems in quantum gravity. They are most commonly used in perturbation theory, which is only applicable in certain scenarios.

4. Are Feynman diagrams still relevant in modern physics?

Yes, Feynman diagrams are still an important tool in theoretical physics, including the study of quantum gravity. They have been expanded and adapted to include new mathematical concepts, making them relevant in modern physics research.

5. Is it necessary to have a deep understanding of mathematics to interpret Feynman diagrams for Quantum Gravity?

While a basic understanding of mathematics is necessary to interpret Feynman diagrams, it is not necessary to have a deep understanding of mathematics. The diagrams themselves are a visual representation of complex equations and can be interpreted without knowing the mathematical details behind them.