Feynman Rules for Scalar QED: LRZ Reading

• I
  • Thread starter Silviu
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Qed Scalar
In summary: Sorry, I do not buy this line of reasoning. To me it sounds as if someone posting in the homework forums would say "I would normally solve this problem, but it is difficult so instead I want you to give me the solution". I suggest you do exactly that, post what you have done so far and specify the steps where you are stuck.
Silviu
Hello! Can someone direct me towards a reading where the Feynman rules for scalar QED are derived? Thank you!

Physics news on Phys.org
Silviu said:
Hello! Can someone direct me towards a reading where the Feynman rules for scalar QED are derived? Thank you!
For example, in "M. Schwartz, Quantum Field Theory and the Standard Model". The book has a whole chapter about scalar QED.

Likes vanhees71
eys_physics said:
For example, in "M. Schwartz, Quantum Field Theory and the Standard Model". The book has a whole chapter about scalar QED.
Thank you! That is the book I am using actually and I am at that chapter, but in that book the rules are just listed, I would like a full derivation, the same way it is done in previous chapters for the ##\phi^3## interaction.

Why don't you derive them yourself? It is a worthwhile exercise and a good opportunity to do it in a case where you have access to the correct result.

Likes vanhees71
Orodruin said:
Why don't you derive them yourself? It is a worthwhile exercise and a good opportunity to do it in a case where you have access to the correct result.
I tried, but I am confused at certain steps. I would normally post here what I did so far and ask for help, but I am sure they are derived in some book already (also typing down everything would be quite time consuming as there are many indices).

Silviu said:
I would normally post here what I did so far and ask for help, but I am sure they are derived in some book already (also typing down everything would be quite time consuming as there are many indices).
Sorry, I do not buy this line of reasoning. To me it sounds as if someone posting in the homework forums would say "I would normally solve this problem, but it is difficult so instead I want you to give me the solution". I suggest you do exactly that, post what you have done so far and specify the steps where you are stuck.

Likes vanhees71

Related to Feynman Rules for Scalar QED: LRZ Reading

1. What is Scalar QED?

Scalar QED stands for Scalar Quantum Electrodynamics, which is a quantum field theory that describes the interactions between a scalar field and the electromagnetic field.

2. Who developed the Feynman Rules for Scalar QED?

The Feynman Rules for Scalar QED were developed by physicist Richard Feynman in the 1940s. He used them to calculate the probability amplitudes for various particle interactions.

3. What do the Feynman Rules for Scalar QED explain?

The Feynman Rules for Scalar QED explain how to calculate the probability amplitudes for particle interactions involving scalar fields and electromagnetic fields. They also provide a graphical representation of these calculations using Feynman diagrams.

4. How do the Feynman Rules for Scalar QED work?

The Feynman Rules for Scalar QED use mathematical equations to assign numerical values to Feynman diagrams representing particle interactions. These values can then be used to calculate the likelihood of these interactions occurring.

5. Why are the Feynman Rules for Scalar QED important?

The Feynman Rules for Scalar QED are important because they provide a systematic and efficient way to calculate the probability amplitudes for particle interactions. They are also a crucial tool for theoretical physicists in understanding and predicting the behavior of particles in quantum field theory.