FINAL VOTE Photo Contest - Orange

In summary, the contest promises to be a brutally difficult one, but the great images produced so far show that it is definitely worth it. Congratulations to everyone who participated, and well done to those who made it to the final round.

FINAL VOTE PF Photo Contest - Orange

• Chi Meson

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • turbo-1

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • larkspur

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Astronuc

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • rewebster

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • slider142

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • glondor

Votes: 6 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
This promises to be a brutally difficult contest to vote on. So congratulations to everyone who participated, and well-done to those who made it to the final round.

Please vote for the best photo that depicts our theme - orange!

1. Chi Meson
spicerack.jpg

2. turbo-1
orange.jpg

3. larkspur
1860904458_802cb594c0_o.jpg

4. Astronuc
http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/2363/orangelc5.jpg

5. rewebster
emanationflow.jpg

6. slider142
http://slider142.info/images/Offsite/2007Oct14_0133_small.jpg

7. glondor
Picture379.jpg

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=195696".

Zz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I think turbo's is the orangiest! Perhaps it's the contrast or the particular wavelength, but it 'glows' orange. :biggrin:

As expected, the voting is very TIGHT with this one so far. So get your votes in, because I have a strong suspicion that it will be very close!

Zz.

This one inspired some terrific images despite such a broad, non-specific category. This was an especially good one. (Not that all of these photo contests aren't good. They're great. They're one of my favourite things on this site.)

Oh no, this is even harder now that my favorites haven't been split up a bit into separate threads. I'm going to have to mull this over a bit longer and come back to vote.

I like Slider's. It's a good composition, and you can't deny the orangeness of the pumpkin.

I think Astronuc's impressionist maples are going to pull this one off. Killer image!

Final day to cast a vote in this amazing contest. It is still VERY close for the top 3 position, so every vote counts!

Zz.

It's Astronuc.. It's Turbo.. It's Astronuc.. It's Turbo.. It's Astronuc..

..it's going to be a photo finish (pun intended)!

Math Is Hard said:
It's Astronuc.. It's Turbo.. It's Astronuc.. It's Turbo.. It's Astronuc..

..it's going to be a photo finish (pun intended)!
I threw some clothing on a patio table, set a carbine on top and snapped a shot. OK, it's orange, but Astronuc's picture is neat, composed, and (perhaps accidentally) impressionistic in nature. I like it.

I ended up voting for glondor because I like shiny things.

Now if I only had turbo wearing his orange outfit sitting in the tree! :biggrin:

Maybe next time. :smile:

I think glondor's spoon with the reflection is really cool. It would be even better if I was in a chemically altered state. :biggrin:

Astronuc said:
Now if I only had turbo wearing his orange outfit sitting in the tree! :biggrin:
Eating a carrot and carving a pumpkin? :smile:

turbo-1 said:
Eating a carrot and carving a pumpkin? :smile:
With a shiny orange spoon, and nice orange fire ringing the tree!

Astronuc said:
With a shiny orange spoon, and nice orange fire ringing the tree!
HEY! I don't want to be up in a tree with a fire underneath!:rolleyes:

It will be a large ring! How about we dig a tunnel under the ring of fire and force cool air.

OK - we could put a roaring bonfire on the far side of tree. Is that better?

And Chi Meson could donate something else to burn.

Astronuc said:
It will be a large ring! How about we dig a tunnel under the ring of fire and force cool air.

OK - we could put a roaring bonfire on the far side of tree. Is that better?

And Chi Meson could donate something else to burn.
As big as the ring at Cern? We could scale that back as long at the ring contained only energies needed to provide combustion. I just need enough time to scale back down if things go wrong. If you accidentally create black holes, I'm not sure I can respond properly.

Related to FINAL VOTE Photo Contest - Orange

1. What is the purpose of the "FINAL VOTE PF Photo Contest - Orange"?

The purpose of the contest is to showcase the beauty and diversity of the color orange in nature through photography. It also serves as a platform for photographers to share their work and compete for prizes.

2. Who can participate in the "FINAL VOTE PF Photo Contest - Orange"?

The contest is open to anyone who has a passion for photography and has captured an image that fits the theme of "orange" in nature. Both amateur and professional photographers are welcome to participate.

3. What are the judging criteria for the "FINAL VOTE PF Photo Contest - Orange"?

The judges will be looking for creativity, composition, technical skills, and how well the photo represents the theme of "orange" in nature. They will also take into account the overall impact and appeal of the photo.

4. Can I submit more than one photo to the "FINAL VOTE PF Photo Contest - Orange"?

Yes, each participant is allowed to submit up to three photos for the contest. However, each photo must be unique and cannot be a duplicate or a variation of another photo submitted.

5. How will the winners of the "FINAL VOTE PF Photo Contest - Orange" be determined?

The winners will be determined through a combination of public voting and judging by a panel of experts in photography and/or nature. The photo with the highest combined score will be declared the winner.