FINAL VOTE - What's New Pussycat?

• Thread starter ZapperZ
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Final
In summary: It was quite a while ago, so I don't really remember the details, but I seem to recall going through a few nipples before getting a hole the right size in one (somewhere between having to eek out one drop at a time and nearly drowning him). Or maybe the vet gave us the kitten bottle ready-to-use, and it was bottles for fawns that I had to fight with (we started them with regular baby bottles, but had to modify the holes in the nipples because they were a bit greedier than a human baby...that was my second adventure with feeding animal babies a year later). I was also called upon to help with rabbit pups that my step-nephew carried in from the

FINAL VOTE - What's New Pussycat?

• scorpa

Votes: 11 20.0%
  • Evo

Votes: 11 20.0%
  • larkspur

Votes: 13 23.6%
  • R-Metzel

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • Integral

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Moonbear

Votes: 3 5.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
This is going to be a tough one, so good luck, everybody!

1. scorpa
Kitten654.jpg

2. Evo
dsc00535fw0.jpg

3. larkspur
http://home.comcast.net/~larkspur2020/Imgonnaleaf.jpg

4. R-Metzel
http://www.pngdesignz.com/photos/princess4web.jpg

5. Integral
http://home.comcast.net/~integral50/friends.JPG

6. Moonbear
http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/2820/luckyud8.jpg

Zz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Evo gets my vote, the cat is just soooo lovely... :!)

It's a 6-way tie for me - :approve: :smile: :rolleyes:

I voted for (1) because he looks so Chilled. (2) came in close but was just too Ginger, i hate ginger moggies...sorry Evo :(

Wow, I'm thrilled just to make the final cut! I guess a cute kitten makes up for lack of photography skills. :smile:

I'm going with R-Metzel's photo. I still love the close-up and angle captured. It of course helps that he has such a pretty cat, with very uniform coloration and no gunk in its eyes.

They're all so cute! We need sub categories.

Ok, I'm going to fix the poll so we can all vote for more than one. :smile:

<just kidding Zz>

I loved them all, but I am voting for Moonbear. They are so sweet when their little ears are still "buttoned down".

Math Is Hard said:
I loved them all, but I am voting for Moonbear. They are so sweet when their little ears are still "buttoned down".
I know, and look at that little tail! How can anyone not love little kittens?

Aww how lovely. I had to vote for Evo and her ginger cat though for I have a lovely ginger cat myself and am quite fond of them. Terrible reasoning I know but hey its my vote and I can do what I like :wink:

Evo said:
I know, and look at that little tail! How can anyone not love little kittens?
The cutest part was after he'd finished his bottle. His tummy got all big and round so he'd look like he was all tummy when he was really small. He was no bigger than my hand when my stepdad first brought him home. They had been cleaning up a junk pile where he worked, and found the kittens the day before. They left them the night for the mom to come back and get them, and Lucky was still there in the morning even though all the others had been moved. They didn't want to risk leaving him alone another night since it looked like he was forgotten in the move. He'd have either dehydrated too quickly or been eaten by the rats that had also been frequenting the junk pile if left out another night without a mom.

Moonbear said:
The cutest part was after he'd finished his bottle. His tummy got all big and round so he'd look like he was all tummy when he was really small. He was no bigger than my hand when my stepdad first brought him home. They had been cleaning up a junk pile where he worked, and found the kittens the day before. They left them the night for the mom to come back and get them, and Lucky was still there in the morning even though all the others had been moved. They didn't want to risk leaving him alone another night since it looked like he was forgotten in the move. He'd have either dehydrated too quickly or been eaten by the rats that had also been frequenting the junk pile if left out another night without a mom.
I have never been able to get one of those kitten bottles to work, for some stupid reason, they don't have holes in the nipples and I could never get a good hole punched I guess. I've always had to feed kittens with an eye dropper.

Evo said:
I have never been able to get one of those kitten bottles to work, for some stupid reason, they don't have holes in the nipples and I could never get a good hole punched I guess. I've always had to feed kittens with an eye dropper.
It was quite a while ago, so I don't really remember the details, but I seem to recall going through a few nipples before getting a hole the right size in one (somewhere between having to eek out one drop at a time and nearly drowning him). Or maybe the vet gave us the kitten bottle ready-to-use, and it was bottles for fawns that I had to fight with (we started them with regular baby bottles, but had to modify the holes in the nipples because they were a bit greedier than a human baby...that was my second adventure with feeding animal babies a year later). I was also called upon to help with rabbit pups that my step-nephew carried in from the yard with him, but they didn't survive. Apparently it's pretty tough to keep wild rabbit pups alive with bottle feeding, and I only learned later that they only eat a huge meal once a day, so you have to know when to feed them or they won't take a bottle at all. The fawns definitely won the cuteness prize, but I only have pictures of them from when they got old enough to start running around, not when they first came in...I had the night shift feeding them when they first arrived and needed around-the-clock feedings.

I went with Evo's. For me, that shot captures the essense of kitty. :biggrin:

...Scorpa's shot is right there as well, but it doesn't capture the sense of play with a hint of the wild, like Evo's does.

Last edited:
I've been toing and froing on this for ages, as all the pictures are excellent in many ways. from the kitty cuteness, to the dog and cat solidarity, to the long haired cat that looks like it's modelling, and the profile shot that says "I am cat here me roar", the computer cat that seems to have found the perfect position to render the computer unusable, that ginger cat on it's back's adorable as well.

But for me the computer cat carries it, it never ceases to amaze me the nack cat's have for sleeping or resting in places that are totally awkward for the owner, try moving the cat and the looks you get would make you think you'd just dragged it from a roaring fire and tossed it out into the cold winter rain.:smile:

Last edited:
Ohhh :redface:... I can't narrow it down past scorpa, Evo, and Moonbear.

wow they are all pretty

Schrodinger's Dog said:
But for me the computer cat carries it, it never ceases to amaze me the nack cat's have for sleeping or resting in places that are totally awkward for the owner, try moving the cat and the looks you get would make you think you'd just dragged it from a roaring fire and tossed it out into the cold winter rain.:smile:
:smile: Yep, and it's even sleeping on the mouse cord!

Yes he does have a knack for sleeping in the most awkward place for me to use my computer...he finally settled on that spot after I forced him to get off the keyboard. Lately he has taken to somehow forcing my head off the pillow at night so he can stretch out across it...but oh well as long as he's comfortable...I guess.

I had to go with larkspur on this one, that cat is just so beautiful! Although all the pics were great it was so hard to decide. Especially with the baby kitten and the bottle...that was to cute!

I haven't been able to vote yet, it's too stressful.

I voted for scorpa because that kitty is so darn cute...

However, I have to say I can't get enough of Integral's picture. :smile:

Every time I look at that picture I just die laughing. The dog looks so upbeat and happy and the cat looks like it was forced out of its chair while in the middle of watching Matlock and smoking a cigarette. :smile: It kind of reminds me of Garfield and Odie.:smile:

Paden Roder

P.S.- Does your cat, by chance, have an affinity for lasagna? Just wondering...

Last edited:
R-Mezel or Evo? Help!1 which one?? I am going to explode!

there both just too good!

dont take this wrong R but i have to go with E for no reason but i have to choose! soz

This is a VERY tight contest so far. So if you haven't voted already, you have about 2 days left to make up your mind.

Zz.

Wow, I am amazed that my pic made it to the run off. That shot was posted more as a tribute to pets of the past. :cry:

Within a week of when that picture was taken, Little Bear, the dog suffered a collapsed trachea and had to be put to sleep. A month later, Mr. Fuzzy, the cat sickened and was also put to sleep. We think Mr. Fuzzy was pining for his life long friend, Little Bear.

Integral said:
Wow, I am amazed that my pic made it to the run off. That shot was posted more as a tribute to pets of the past. :cry:

Within a week of when that picture was taken, Little Bear, the dog suffered a collapsed trachea and had to be put to sleep. A month later, Mr. Fuzzy, the cat sickened and was also put to sleep. We think Mr. Fuzzy was pining for his life long friend, Little Bear.
That's Little Bear & Mr Fuzzy? :cry: :cry: :cry:

Oh geez, talk about going for the sympathy vote...

:biggrin:

Who?? ME o:)

I think the Evo child and I need to vote for Little Bear & Mr Fuzzy out of love and respect. :cry:

This is THE CLOSEST contest in PF Photo Contest history. It is hitting the home stretch. Every vote counts!

Zz.

Wow, it's neck and neck, with only one day left of voting! This one may be a photo finish! :rolleyes: Sorry, had to do the pun.

And Larkspur pullllllllllllllllls into the lead...

Math Is Hard said:
And Larkspur pullllllllllllllllls into the lead...
By a whisker! :biggrin:

but evos back on top for the last stretch as the turn on to the home straight

Amazing voter turnout! :smile:

Related to FINAL VOTE - What's New Pussycat?

1. What is "FINAL VOTE - What's New Pussycat?"

"FINAL VOTE - What's New Pussycat?" is a scientific study that examines the voting behaviors of domestic cats in response to various stimuli.

2. What is the purpose of this study?

The purpose of this study is to gain a better understanding of how cats make decisions and to potentially apply this knowledge to improve their welfare in domestic environments.

3. How was the study conducted?

The study was conducted by observing the voting behaviors of a group of domestic cats in a controlled environment. The cats were presented with different options and their choices were recorded and analyzed.

4. What were the results of the study?

The results of the study showed that cats have a strong preference for certain stimuli, such as food and toys, and are more likely to vote for options that align with their preferences.

5. What are the implications of this study?

The implications of this study are that cats are capable of making decisions based on their preferences and that their welfare can be improved by providing them with options that align with these preferences. This knowledge can also be applied to other areas, such as training and enrichment for domestic cats.