Find 6 Pin DPDT Switch for 80V-150V DC, 5A

• Thread starter satishchat
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Pin Switch
In summary, the conversation discusses the search for a 6 Pin DPDT switch suitable for DC voltage input ranging from 80V to 150V and current less than 5A. The speaker is unable to find any switches with a higher DC voltage rating, but is open to suggestions for alternatives or using a switch with a lower rating. The conversation also mentions options such as TE connectivity part number 1393809-1, Kilovac relays, and solid state relays as potential solutions. It is noted that at high DC voltages and currents, contacts may arc and precautions should be taken when operating the switch.
satishchat
hello friends,

I am looking for a 6 Pin DPDT switch to which DC voltage will be given as input

My input DC voltage range is from 80V ~ 150V and dc current is less than 5A.

When i searched the internet i could only find DPDT switches with following ratings

125VAC/3A and 250V/2A
or
125VAC, 30VDC, 4A

i am not able to find any DPDT switch with more that 30VDC as rated voltage (even though the current rating is within my working limit).

Can you suggest me some DPDT switches meeting my requirement or is it safe to to use the available DPDT switch with low DC voltage rating.

Regards

Engineering news on Phys.org
There are lots. TE connectivity part number 1393809-1 is an example (www.te.com).

The voltage and current you are operating at is a difficult area. At these DC voltages and currents the contacts tend to arc.
You might check out Kilovac relays.
You might also investigate solid state relays. Crydom has a relay rated at 160 Amp DC and 150 volt.
If you are able to operate the switch at no voltage. (Switch with power removed) There should not be a problem.
If you are only closing the contcts (And not opening them) when voltage is applied, then there should not be a problem.
Good Luck
Carl

Related to Find 6 Pin DPDT Switch for 80V-150V DC, 5A

1. What is a DPDT switch?

A DPDT (Double Pole Double Throw) switch is a type of electrical switch that has two sets of contacts and can control two separate circuits simultaneously. It can be used to reverse the polarity of a circuit or to switch between two different circuits.

2. What is the voltage and current rating for this switch?

The voltage rating for this switch is between 80V to 150V DC, meaning it can handle direct current (DC) power within this range. The current rating is 5A, meaning it can handle a maximum of 5 amps of current.

3. How many pins does this switch have?

This switch has 6 pins, with 3 pins on each side. Each set of 3 pins controls one circuit, allowing for a total of 2 circuits to be controlled simultaneously.

4. Can this switch be used for AC power?

No, this switch is specifically designed for DC power and should not be used for AC power. Using it for AC power can damage the switch and potentially cause electrical hazards.

5. What applications is this switch commonly used for?

This switch is commonly used in electronic circuits and devices that require the ability to reverse polarity or switch between two circuits, such as in motor control, robotics, and lighting systems. It can also be used in power distribution systems and industrial machinery.

Back