Find a Glass Rose Near Mesa AZ - Bonus Points!

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Genius
In summary, the store I'm thinking of has glass roses for around $5-7. They may not have the color you're looking for, but they should be able to order it for you. Call the hoity-toity gift shops around Mesa.
tribdog
I've got to buy a glass rose, but I don't have time to have it shipped. What well know store carries glass roses? If the store has a location in Mesa, Arizona you get bonus points.

Physics news on Phys.org
Call the hoity-toity gift shops around Mesa. Glass flowers have been popular for many years, and with cheap foreign imports available, a glass rose shouldn't break the bank, unless it is VERY realistic.

Well, if I'm not mistaken the Dollar Tree has some glass roses...and you might have one near you :smile:

Why would you want a glass rose?

Cyrus said:
Why would you want a glass rose?

I don't, my girlfriend's son wants to give one to his girlfriend. and of course her birthday is today.

Why can't he buy real roses?

real roses die, his love never will?

Uh oh, methinks tribdog just remembered something like his girlfriend's birthday or an anniversary. :biggrin:

Do you have any sort of gift shops in the mall? Some of those have glass roses. I'm pretty sure I've seen things like that in stores here in Morgantown, so if we have things like that in our dinky stores, surely you have a store there that carries them. Do you have any sort of craft store/gallery there that carries glass stuff? I think I've seen them in stores that carry touristy trinket type things. Or maybe Hallmark stores?

Any reason to get a glass rose instead of a real one? Though, actually, don't ignore a florist...they just might carry them.

If you can't find it locally, don't forget the option to pay extra for overnight shipping if it's that important and you can find what you want online.

tribdog said:

glass rose breaks?
Plastic rose or rose picture looks better.

I just sent them to the mall to look around.

tribdog said:

Oh, sure, provide all the explanation while I'm typing my reply. :rolleyes:

Tell him to get a real flower rather than a glass one. Yes, we all know that those first loves don't last as long as he's hoping, but of course you can't explain that to him because the poor kid will have to learn it for himself just like every other kid does. Instead, I suggest trying to talk him into presenting it in a pretty little vase so rather than the flower lasting, the vase does. If he stays with the girl, she'll then have the vase for flowers he buys her in the future, and a vase is always pretty to display even if it's empty. Including the vase will make it more special than just a single flower that will die.

tribdog said:

Then he should make her pregnant. That love will last 18 years, 18 years
And on her 18th birthday he found out it wasn't his -Kayne West.

Looking at the title of this thread, I think it's quite amazing how many responds it got. You people surely don't suffer from low self-esteem ! :biggrin:

Oberst Villa said:
Looking at the title of this thread, I think it's quite amazing how many responds it got. You people surely don't suffer from low self-esteem ! :biggrin:
You've got to consider the source.

Oberst Villa said:

oh, you'll never suffer for a lack of self proclaimed geniuses around here.

Hmmmm, "my love for you is as brittle and temporary as this glass flower that can shatter and break at any moment".

I think he needs to be urged towards something a little sturdier if a symbol for longevity is what he's after.

Evo said:
Hmmmm, "my love for you is as brittle and temporary as this glass flower that can shatter and break at any moment".

I think he needs to be urged towards something a little sturdier if a symbol for longevity is what he's after.
Plastic flower! That's the ticket! A plastic flower with long-lasting Chinese lead-based paint.

I asked why he wanted a glass rose and he said because he needs to get an orange one and a green one, which are her favorite colors.

tribdog said:
I asked why he wanted a glass rose and he said because he needs to get an orange one and a green one, which are her favorite colors.

Have you told him yet that florists usually have roses in many colors? They might not have a green one at a moment's notice, but a peach colored one would be close enough to orange, and could probably be arranged with something else green...florists usually have lots of other green things. :rolleyes:

Of course, as the day gets later, he may be putting a granny smith apple and an orange on sticks and handing them to her. :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
Have you told him yet that florists usually have roses in many colors? They might not have a green one at a moment's notice, but a peach colored one would be close enough to orange, and could probably be arranged with something else green...florists usually have lots of other green things. :rolleyes:

Of course, as the day gets later, he may be putting a granny smith apple and an orange on sticks and handing them to her. :biggrin:
I know that white carnations set in a glass of green food coloring will turn green. I don't know how quickly or evenly roses would pick up the color.

Evo said:
I know that white carnations set in a glass of green food coloring will turn green. I don't know how quickly or evenly roses would pick up the color.

Probably not fast enough. I seem to recall that being an overnight project. Florists can simply spray a dye onto them. You don't really think roses come in colors that match every bride's choice of wedding decor, do you? :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
Probably not fast enough. I seem to recall that being an overnight project. Florists can simply spray a dye onto them. You don't really think roses come in colors that match every bride's choice of wedding decor, do you? :biggrin:

yes, i did. I thought the only color you couldn't get in a rose was blue.

Moonbear said:
Back in the days of hippie elopements/casual weddings it was pretty standard to enslave the bridal entourage to cut daisies (in season) or to apply diagonal razor-cuts to the stems of purchased white carnations and set those suckers in water with lots of vegetable dye. The next day, they looked great. The colors didn't have to be uniform in intensity - a little creative arrangement of pale/dark flowers worked wonders.

So, did he ever find a rose to give her today? If all these efforts fail, you can always get him signed up here to post in the Girl Trouble thread. :rolleyes: That thread still resurfaces from time to time. :smile:

he decided to break up with her instead.

I'm sorry, I hate it when I lie like that. It's a sickness. He didn't find a rose, but he found something else. I don't know what.

tribdog said:
he decided to break up with her instead.

Well, that does last forever too, but I'd still go with getting her pregnant.

Cyrus said:
Well, that does last forever too, but I'd still go with getting her pregnant.

Yeah, that's the way to do it. Get a girl prego and break up with her on her b-day, she would never forget him then.

mcknia07 said:
Yeah, that's the way to do it. Get a girl prego and break up with her on her b-day, she would never forget him then.

Yeah who the hell has sex?

tribdog said:
I'm sorry, I hate it when I lie like that. It's a sickness. He didn't find a rose, but he found something else. I don't know what.

tribdog, are you interested in discussing ways in which he can show his eternal love to her on her next birthday ? We would have one whole year to discuss it, so we might find some really cool stuff...

he's 15. I doubt his relationship will make it a year. I doubt I'm seeing his mother in a year.

tribdog said:
he's 15. I doubt his relationship will make it a year. I doubt I'm seeing his mother in a year.
Darn! Still not carpet-broken?

tribdog said:
I doubt I'm seeing his mother in a year.

Uh oh, fatal last words! :biggrin:

Related to Find a Glass Rose Near Mesa AZ - Bonus Points!

1. How do I find a glass rose near Mesa, AZ?

To find a glass rose near Mesa, AZ, you can start by searching online for local glass artists or shops that specialize in glass art. You can also check with local art galleries or attend art fairs and festivals in the area.

2. Are there any specific locations in Mesa, AZ where I can find a glass rose?

While there may not be specific locations in Mesa, AZ that are known for selling glass roses, you can try visiting art galleries, gift shops, or even antique stores in the area. You can also contact local glass artists to see if they have any glass roses available for purchase.

3. How much do glass roses near Mesa, AZ typically cost?

The cost of a glass rose near Mesa, AZ can vary depending on the size, intricacy, and materials used by the artist. On average, a small glass rose can cost anywhere from $20 to $50, while larger and more detailed pieces can cost upwards of $100 or more.

4. Are there any bonus points involved in finding a glass rose near Mesa, AZ?

Some artists or shops may offer bonus points or rewards for purchasing their glass art, so it's always a good idea to ask about any special promotions or loyalty programs. Additionally, finding a unique or one-of-a-kind glass rose can be considered a bonus in itself!

5. Can I make a special request for a glass rose near Mesa, AZ?

Yes, you can certainly make a special request for a glass rose near Mesa, AZ. Many glass artists are open to custom orders and can create a glass rose according to your specifications. Just be sure to communicate your ideas and budget clearly with the artist.