Find a Power System Engineer for Hydro Power Guidance

In summary, the person is asking for suggestions for their master's dissertation, specifically related to hydropower and increasing efficiency. They have a limited amount of time to come up with a proposal and are seeking assistance. The suggestion of looking into the Raccoon Mountain facility is offered as a potential area of research.
Tseyrin
Could somebody please suggest me a staff mentor, or perhaps anybody, preferably a power system engineer and into hydro power.

i really need some help.

thank you :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
Tseyrin said:
Could somebody please suggest me a staff mentor, or perhaps anybody, preferably a power system engineer and into hydro power.

i really need some help.

thank you :)

What exactly are you asking?

berkeman said:
What exactly are you asking?
i needed some suggestions for my masters dessertation. Something related to hydropower. I had an idea, it wasn't that great.

Tseyrin said:
i needed some suggestions for my masters dessertation. Something related to hydropower. I had an idea, it wasn't that great.

From your other thread:

Tseyrin said:
sir, could please suggest a better topic?? Some thing to do with increasing efficiency in hydropower generation. I need to get this in by Friday. It would be a great help.

You have 2 days to write your masters dissertation? For university?

Likes Nietzsche_Keen
http://www.tva.gov/sites/raccoonmt.htm

I'm not sure if this helps but it is an interesting facility.

Likes Tseyrin
berkeman said:
More likely it's two days to come up with a study proposal! :nb)

Likes Nietzsche_Keen and Tseyrin
berkeman said:
From your other thread:

well, yes. I now have one night! But i just have to present a ppt. with a rough sketch of my idea. Its the first stage of my dessertation.please note i am not being lazy here. There's been a misunderstanding at college.

NascentOxygen said:
More likely it's two days to come up with a study proposal! :nb)

exactly! I now have one night. Phew.

montoyas7940 said:
http://www.tva.gov/sites/raccoonmt.htm

I'm not sure if this helps but it is an interesting facility.

thank you.

Related to Find a Power System Engineer for Hydro Power Guidance

1. What is a power system engineer?

A power system engineer is a scientist who specializes in designing, analyzing, and maintaining power grids, including hydro power systems. They use their expertise in electrical engineering and computer science to ensure that the power supply is reliable, efficient, and safe.

2. What are the responsibilities of a power system engineer for hydro power guidance?

A power system engineer for hydro power guidance is responsible for designing, developing, and implementing strategies to optimize the performance of hydro power systems. This includes conducting feasibility studies, analyzing data, and providing recommendations for improvements to the system.

3. What qualifications are required to become a power system engineer for hydro power guidance?

To become a power system engineer for hydro power guidance, one typically needs a Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or a related field. Some employers may also require a Master's degree and/or relevant work experience. Additionally, knowledge of hydro power systems, computer programming, and analytical skills are important for this role.

4. What are the key skills needed for a power system engineer for hydro power guidance?

Key skills for a power system engineer for hydro power guidance include a strong understanding of electrical engineering principles, proficiency in computer programming and simulation software, analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.

5. What is the importance of a power system engineer for hydro power guidance?

A power system engineer for hydro power guidance plays a crucial role in ensuring the efficient and reliable operation of hydro power systems. They help to optimize the performance of these systems, which not only contributes to the efficient use of resources but also helps to reduce the impact on the environment. Without their expertise, hydro power systems may not be able to function effectively and sustainably.