Find how much the water level of the well is decreasing

In summary, the conversation discusses a problem with a water well and finding the decrease in water level when pumping out 40 liters of water. The relevant formula of πr^2 is mentioned and the solution of 4.2 meters is found using the given diameter of 110mm.
J.Eriksson
I have a problem and I do not how to solve the problem. So please write how I should solve the question.

A water well has a diameter of 110mm. Water can be pumped from the well into the tank. Every time the pump is started 40 l of water is pumped away. Find how much the water level of the well is decreasing, ingoring the inflow of water

Physics news on Phys.org

What formulas do you think might be relevant to this problem? What have you tried?

These are the sections that you deleted when you posted your problem. They are there for a reason, to help you get started at solving this problem.

Well,
I solve my own problem! I did this way:
110mm is the same as 1,1dm
1,1/2=0,55 (radius)
then I use the formel πr^2
π0,55^2=0.95
40/0.95= 42dm
42dm=4,2m
Power of ten: 4,2X10^1 m

Related to Find how much the water level of the well is decreasing

1. How do you measure the water level of a well?

The water level of a well can be measured using a water level indicator, which is a long tape marked with measurements that is lowered into the well until it reaches the water level. The measurement can then be read off the tape.

2. What causes the water level in a well to decrease?

The water level in a well can decrease due to a variety of factors including drought, excessive pumping, and changes in the underground aquifer. Other factors such as contamination and natural geological processes can also affect the water level.

3. How often should the water level in a well be checked?

The frequency of checking the water level in a well can vary depending on the location and usage of the well. In general, it is recommended to check the water level at least once a month, but during periods of drought or heavy usage, it is important to check more frequently.

4. What is the best way to track the decrease in water level over time?

The most accurate way to track the decrease in water level over time is to record the measurements from the water level indicator on a regular basis, such as once a month. This data can then be plotted on a graph to visualize the rate of decrease.

5. What are the potential consequences of a significant decrease in the water level of a well?

A significant decrease in the water level of a well can have various consequences, such as reduced water supply, increased risk of contamination, and changes in the ecosystem. It can also lead to higher costs for pumping and maintenance, and in extreme cases, the well may even run dry.