Find r(t): Given Initial Conditions

In summary, to find r(t), we need to integrate the given equations and use the initial conditions r'(0) and r(0).
mamma_mia66

Homework Statement

Given [tex]\vec{}[/tex]r"(t)= 6i-4cos (2t)j+ 9e3tk,
r'[tex]\vec{}[/tex] (0)= 4i +3k and r[tex]\vec{}[/tex](0)=j+k, find r[tex]\vec{}[/tex](t).

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

I will appreciate any ideas how to start this problem. Thank you.

Physics news on Phys.org
mamma_mia66 said:

Homework Statement

Given [tex]\vec{}[/tex]r"(t)= 6i-4cos (2t)j+ 9e3tk,
r'[tex]\vec{}[/tex] (0)= 4i +3k and r[tex]\vec{}[/tex](0)=j+k, find r[tex]\vec{}[/tex](t).

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

I will appreciate any ideas how to start this problem. Thank you.
If r(t) = x(t)i + y(t)j + z(t)k, then r''(t) = x''(t)i + y''(t)j + z''(t)k.

How you would you normally solve x''(t)=6 for x(t), given x'(0) and x(0) ?

What is troubling you?

I get it now. I need to integrate the given. Thank you.

Related to Find r(t): Given Initial Conditions

1. What is "r(t)" in this context?

"r(t)" represents the position of an object at a given time "t". It is a vector quantity that includes both magnitude and direction.

2. What are initial conditions?

Initial conditions refer to the starting values of a system or process. In the context of finding "r(t)", initial conditions would include the initial position and velocity of the object.

3. How do you find "r(t)"?

To find "r(t)", you would first need to know the initial conditions of the object, such as its initial position and velocity. Then, you would use equations of motion, such as the kinematic equations, to calculate the position of the object at a given time "t".

4. Can "r(t)" be negative?

Yes, "r(t)" can be negative. This would indicate a position in the opposite direction of a reference point. However, it is important to keep in mind the direction of the coordinate system being used.

5. What are some real-life applications of finding "r(t)"?

Finding "r(t)" can be useful in a variety of fields, such as physics, engineering, and astronomy. It can be used to track the position of objects in motion, predict their future positions, and analyze their motion over time. For example, it can be used to track the trajectory of a rocket, the movement of a satellite, or the path of a moving car.

Back