Find the Best Spherical Geometry Book for You!

In summary, Brannan, Esplen, and Gray's geometry book is recommended as it contains a thorough coverage of spherical geometry as well as its relation to other types of geometries. However, if you are specifically looking for a book solely focused on spherical geometry with challenging questions, this book may not be the best fit.
Sobi
I am in need of a spherical geometry book.can some one suggest a good one?

Physics news on Phys.org
Sobi said:
I am in need of a spherical geometry book.can some one suggest a good one?

Brannan, Esplen, Gray's geometry is truly excellent and contains quite a lot on spherical geometry. It also deals with the relation between spherical geometry and other kind of geometries
https://www.amazon.com/dp/1107647835/?tag=pfamazon01-20

I did have a look at that book but it is not what I really want.what I want is just a book dealing with spherical geometry and good questions on it.

Related to Find the Best Spherical Geometry Book for You!

What is spherical geometry?

Spherical geometry is a type of geometry that deals with shapes and measurements on the surface of a sphere. This is in contrast to Euclidean geometry, which deals with shapes and measurements in a flat plane.

Why is it important to learn about spherical geometry?

Spherical geometry is important because it has many real-world applications, such as navigation and astronomy. It also helps us understand the properties of curved surfaces, which is essential in fields like physics and engineering.

What are the key concepts and principles of spherical geometry?

The key concepts and principles of spherical geometry include great circles, angles on a sphere, spherical triangles, and the spherical law of cosines and law of sines. These concepts help us understand the relationships between points, lines, and shapes on a spherical surface.

What should I look for in a spherical geometry book?

When choosing a spherical geometry book, it is important to look for a clear and concise explanation of key concepts, plenty of practice problems and examples, and illustrations or diagrams to aid in understanding. It is also helpful to choose a book that aligns with your level of mathematical knowledge and interests.

Are there any recommended books for learning spherical geometry?

Yes, there are many great books for learning spherical geometry. Some popular options include "Spherical Trigonometry" by I.M. Yaglom, "Geometry on Spheres" by Wu Wen Tsun, and "Spherical Geometry and Its Applications" by John C. Polking. Ultimately, the best book for you will depend on your individual learning style and goals.