Finding Answers to Calculus 7th Ed. Larson, Hostetler, Edwards

• Thread starter Vigo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Calculus
In summary, the author is having difficulty with their math teacher, who only assigns even problems, and they want to see if the answers they've been getting are correct.
Vigo
Does anyone know where I can find the answers to all of the problems in the Calculus, 7th edition book by Larson, Hostetler, Edwards? My math teacher is not very good because she refuses to go over all of the homework that she gives us, which is a lot, and she doesn't even collect it for a grade. She will only go over about five or 10 of the 25 or 30 problems she gives us each night and she only assigns even problems because the answers to the odds are in the back of the book. I wouldn't use these answers to just get homework done more easily because, like I said, she doesn't grade it or anything so it won't matter if I have the right answers. I just want to see if the answers that I get are correct so I know what I need to work on. Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
Unfortunately I don't know where you can find all the answers, apart from a teachesr solutions manual, which publishers generally don't sell to students. I'm not sure I understand her motivation for only assigning even problems. If they aren't being graded then they are presumably entirely for your benefit, so it shouldn't matter if you have the answers or not.

Sometimes professors will make copies of the teachers solutions manuals available. You could ask if she'd be willing to do that, though it doesn't seem likely in this case. Failing that you could ask if she'd be willing to provide at least the answers after the homeworks been done so you can check it yourself.

Failing even that, you could just do the odd problems instead. Even/odd are generally arranged to have the same content (though some exceptions), so you won't be missing anything. You could consider the class time spent going over the even problems as extra practice. Finally, for problems you're unsure about, you can always post your work here for someone to look over.

If you want to know if you've done any of the even numbered questions correctly, post your solutions right here in the homework help section of Physics Forums, and people will look at them and offer you feedback.

Alright thanks for the advice. I will surely try to see what I can come up with on this situation.

By the way, I teach out of that exact same book and I have the solution manual. :wink:

FAQ: Finding Answers to Calculus 7th Ed. Larson, Hostetler, Edwards

1. What is the best way to study for a calculus exam?

The best way to study for a calculus exam is to practice solving problems and understanding key concepts. It is also helpful to review class notes and work through practice tests.

2. How can I improve my understanding of calculus?

To improve your understanding of calculus, it is important to not just memorize formulas, but to truly understand the underlying concepts. Practicing problem-solving and seeking help from a tutor or teacher can also be beneficial.

3. What are some common mistakes to avoid in calculus?

Some common mistakes to avoid in calculus include not simplifying expressions, not using appropriate units, and not checking your work for errors. It is also important to pay attention to details and follow the proper steps when solving problems.

4. How can I apply calculus in real life?

Calculus has many real-life applications, such as in engineering, economics, and physics. It can be used to model and solve problems involving rates of change, optimization, and motion. Understanding calculus can also help with decision-making and critical thinking.

5. Is it necessary to have prior knowledge of algebra before studying calculus?

While having a strong foundation in algebra can be helpful, it is not absolutely necessary to have prior knowledge of algebra before studying calculus. However, it is important to have a good understanding of basic algebraic concepts and operations, as they are used extensively in calculus.