Finding Factors of Numbers with a TI-83 Calculator

In summary, the person is asking if there is a way to enter a number into their TI-83 calculator and have it list the factors for them. They are also asking if there is a program available for this purpose. The expert suggests googling for a TI-83 factoring program, but could not find one specifically for the number field sieve. The person then asks how to transfer the program from their computer to their calculator and clarifies that they only want to list factors of a single number.
ted1025
i got a ti-83 calculator, is there any way to put in a number and get the factors listed for me? like put in the number 200 and get it to return 1x200,2x100 and so on...

if not is there any program out there to enter into the calculator to make that happen

thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
googling for ti 83 factoring program will find many factoring programs. I couldn't find the number field sieve tough

kamerling said:
googling for ti 83 factoring program will find many factoring programs. I couldn't find the number field sieve tough

how do i get them from the computer to my calculator though? and most of them looked like a program that would factor trinomials and equations for you i just want to list factors of one number

Related to Finding Factors of Numbers with a TI-83 Calculator

What is the purpose of finding factors of numbers with a TI-83 Calculator?

Finding factors of numbers with a TI-83 Calculator helps in simplifying and solving complex equations and problems in math and science. It allows you to quickly identify all the factors of a number, which can be useful in various calculations.

How do I find the factors of a number using a TI-83 Calculator?

To find the factors of a number using a TI-83 Calculator, you can use the built-in function "factor()" or "primeFactors()". Simply enter the number you want to find the factors of, and the calculator will display all the factors.

Can I find the prime factors of a number with a TI-83 Calculator?

Yes, the TI-83 Calculator has a function called "primeFactors()" which allows you to find the prime factors of a number. Prime factors are the factors that are prime numbers, which are useful in prime factorization and other mathematical calculations.

Is there a limit to the size of the number I can find the factors of using a TI-83 Calculator?

Yes, the TI-83 Calculator has a limit of 12 digits for finding factors. If the number you enter is larger than 12 digits, the calculator will display an error message.

Can I use a TI-83 Calculator to find the factors of a decimal or fraction?

No, the TI-83 Calculator can only find the factors of whole numbers. If you enter a decimal or fraction, the calculator will round it to the nearest whole number and find the factors of that number.