Finding "R. Gastmans, Ubiquitous Photon: Helicity Method for QED and QCD"

In summary, the individual is seeking a book titled "The Ubiquitous Photon: Helicity Methods for QED and QCD" by R. Gastmans and Tai Tsun Wu. They have been advised to check on Amazon for used or new copies, but they do not have the funds to purchase it at the moment.
nguoithamdo
i am encoutering a problem
i use helicity method to caculate six photon amplitude in scalar QED but i don't know explicit form of wave fuction QED . And i need a book with title
" R. Gastmans, Ubiquitous photon: Helicity method for QED and QCD"

where can i find it?

thank you

Physics news on Phys.org
Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for your advice

francesca said:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0198520433/?tag=pfamazon01-20

The Ubiquitous Photon : Helicity Methods for QED and QCD (The International Series of Monographs on Physics) (Hardcover)
by R. Gastmans, Tai Tsun Wu

4 used & new available from $8.95[/Q

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you for your helping

thank you very much for your instruction but i don't have money:frown:

Related to Finding "R. Gastmans, Ubiquitous Photon: Helicity Method for QED and QCD"

1. What is the significance of "R. Gastmans, Ubiquitous Photon: Helicity Method for QED and QCD" in the field of physics?

The book by R. Gastmans is a widely recognized and highly influential work in the fields of quantum electrodynamics (QED) and quantum chromodynamics (QCD). It introduced the helicity method, which is a powerful mathematical tool used to study particle interactions at the quantum level. This method has been instrumental in furthering our understanding of the fundamental forces in nature.

2. How does the helicity method differ from other methods used in QED and QCD?

The helicity method differs from other methods in that it takes into account the intrinsic spin and direction of motion of particles involved in an interaction. This allows for a more precise and elegant description of particle interactions, particularly in high-energy processes.

3. What are some practical applications of the helicity method?

The helicity method has been applied to a wide range of phenomena in particle physics, including the study of the strong and weak nuclear forces, the behavior of quarks and gluons, and the properties of the Higgs boson. It has also been used in the development of new theoretical models and in the interpretation of experimental data.

4. Are there any limitations to the helicity method?

Like any mathematical tool, the helicity method has its limitations. It is most effective in describing high-energy particle interactions, and may not be as useful for studying lower energy processes. Additionally, the helicity method does not take into account the effects of quantum fluctuations, which can be significant in certain situations.

5. How has the helicity method contributed to our understanding of the universe?

The helicity method has played a crucial role in advancing our understanding of the fundamental forces and particles that make up the universe. It has provided a framework for studying and predicting the behavior of particles at the subatomic level and has been integral in the development of the Standard Model of particle physics. This method continues to be a valuable tool for scientists in their efforts to unravel the mysteries of the universe.