Finding the Cube Root of 2: Can You Solve It?

• MHB
  • Thread starter Math Amateur
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Cube Root
In summary, the cube root of 2 is approximately 1.2599 and can be calculated using a calculator or the exponentiation method. It is an irrational number with various uses in mathematics and science. It is also a real number that falls between 1 and 2. The cube root of 2 is one of the three cube roots of a number and is related to other cube roots such as the cube root of 8 and the square root of the cube root of 4.
Math Amateur
Gold Member
MHB
EDIT ... ... SOLVED ...Can anyone help me with displaying the cube root of 2 as shown in the example below taken from Dummit and Foote, Section 13.4 ...https://www.physicsforums.com/attachments/6605Help will be appreciated,

Peter*** EDIT ***

Just found what I think is the solution ... it's \sqrt [3] {2} I think \(\displaystyle \sqrt [3] {2}\)

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
You've got it. (Yes)

FAQ: Finding the Cube Root of 2: Can You Solve It?

What is the cube root of 2?

The cube root of 2 is approximately 1.2599.

How do you calculate the cube root of 2?

The cube root of 2 can be calculated by using a calculator or by using the exponentiation method, which involves finding the number that when multiplied by itself three times, equals 2.

What is the significance of the cube root of 2?

The cube root of 2 is a irrational number that has many uses in mathematics and science, including in calculating volume and in solving equations.

Is the cube root of 2 a real number?

Yes, the cube root of 2 is a real number. It is a non-terminating, non-repeating decimal that falls between the integers 1 and 2.

What is the relationship between the cube root of 2 and other cube roots?

The cube root of 2 is one of the three cube roots of a number. The other two cube roots are complex numbers. The cube root of 2 is also the reciprocal of the cube root of 8, and the square root of the cube root of 4.

Back