Finding the Priority Number of My Books

• Thread starter Omid
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Books
In summary, the conversation discusses the topic of reading 10 books within a certain timeframe and finding a way to prioritize which books should be read first. The person suggests starting with the smallest book and working up to the largest to avoid falling behind schedule. They also mention that statistics may not be able to provide a formula for determining book priority.
Omid
A number !

I am going to read 10 books in a certain period of time. The number of pages of the books varies between 40 and 1000 pages.
I need to finish them in almost the same time, so I must read each book with a certain rate.
What I need is a number to indicate the priority of each book. Can statistics provide a formula to find this number ? :rolleyes:

Physics news on Phys.org
The priority of each book is decided by you, not stats

No ,no ,...
I meant, can stat provide me with a number that indicates which one of the books I must read at the moment to finish all the books at a (nearly) certain time ?
In other word ,...
Forget it.
Stat had better stay at the books and the exams, not in the real life situations.

Tom McCurdy said:
The priority of each book is decided by you, not stats

I just wanted stat to help me with this decision. :biggrin:

i can't think of anything off the top of my head. i don't know if anyone else can either. but if i were in your situation, i would start with the smallest book and work my way to the largest. so that way if i were behind my schedule then i would have read 9 books instead of reading 900 pages of the largest one.

FAQ: Finding the Priority Number of My Books

What is the purpose of finding the priority number of my books?

The priority number of your books allows you to organize and prioritize your reading list based on your personal interests and goals.

How can I determine the priority number of my books?

You can determine the priority number of your books by considering factors such as the relevance of the book to your research, the urgency of the information, and the availability of the book.

Why is it important to assign a priority number to my books?

Assigning a priority number to your books helps you manage your time effectively and ensures that you are focusing on the most important and relevant sources for your research.

What if I have multiple books with the same priority number?

In cases where you have multiple books with the same priority number, you can further prioritize them by considering additional factors such as the length of the book or the credibility of the source.

Is there a specific system for assigning priority numbers to my books?

There is no specific system for assigning priority numbers to books, as it ultimately depends on your personal preferences and research needs. However, it can be helpful to use a numerical scale or color-coding system to easily identify the priority level of each book.