Fix Pycharm Crashes with These Tips | Troubleshooting Crash.txt Report

• Thread starter shivajikobardan
  • Start date
In summary, Pycharm keeps getting crashed and I am looking for a good program to run python code. VS Code seems to be a good option, but I don't like that it has cmd codes in the output.
shivajikobardan

this is crash.txt report.

My laptop is 1 TB HDD
8 GB RAM
No ssd
My general laptop usage is heavy.

1) I am using it alone, without using other programs-> pycharm still gets crashed
2) I use discord for streaming in study with me discord=> it still gets crashed.
No matter whatever I do, it keeps getting crashed.

What to do?
Is there good program to run python code?
There is vs code but it shows that terminal code which is annoying to me. Is there a way to remove those cmd codes there and just see the output.

Sublime text doesn't take cares of indentation I hate that. I tried learning python at first from ST and it killed my motivation for learning python. Pycharm is great but it keeps getting crashed. :(

Technology news on Phys.org
Have you looked at VS Code? It’s really taken off as the preferred tool for programmers And has largely replaced Pycharm at our site.

jedishrfu said:
Have you looked at VS Code? It’s really taken off as the preferred tool for programmers And has largely replaced Pycharm at our site.
yes looked into it. it shows some weird cmd commands along with output. I will show you a bit.
1643616368976.png

I just want the output not this weird stuffs. Is there a way to do it?

shivajikobardan said:
No matter whatever I do, it keeps getting crashed.
This is not normal. I used Pycharm a few years back for a short time before shifting to IntelliJ IDEA, and things were working properly then. Have you tried the most obvious — uninstalling and re-installing Pycharm?

In addition, I also found this while searching online:
https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-256519
shivajikobardan said:
Is there good program to run python code?
You can try IntelliJ IDEA. Pycharm is based on that, so is Android Studio. I use Android Studio extensively, and am fond of IntelliJ IDEA as well. IntelliJ can run not only Python, but also Java and many other languages.

1643625973705.png

fixed

shivajikobardan said:
I assume you have moved on to VS Code, but it would be helpful for future users coming to this thread if you could also post a link to where you found that screenshot, rather than only the screenshot.

Wrichik Basu said:
I assume you have moved on to VS Code, but it would be helpful for future users coming to this thread if you could also post a link to where you found that screenshot, rather than only the screenshot.
it is from my reddit account.so i don't think it will be appropriate to share that here.

Can you post the response as text? That will have a longer half life.

We went to vs code because of the concern of using software from certain state actors who have been known to insert malware in their exported products.

jedishrfu said:
We went to vs code
Do you also use VS Code for version control, or do you link to another revision control system?

berkeman said:
Do you also use VS Code for version control, or do you link to another revision control system?
VS Code doesn't do version control itself, but it does integrate really well with Git (out of the box) and other VCSs (via plugins).

Last edited:
jedishrfu said:
We went to vs code because of the concern of using software from certain state actors who have been known to insert malware in their exported products.
Bear in mind this and the fact that VS Code itself has npm dependencies (well the open source version does, I don't know if MS replaces these with proprietory code in the official version).

In 2022 there is a choice: live with the (mitigated) threat of dependency chain vulnerabilities or be orders of magnitude less productive.

Likes jedishrfu
1643665324982.png

• Informative
Likes jedishrfu and berkeman
jedishrfu said:
Can you post the response as text? That will have a longer half life.
If you want to use VSCode instead, there is a workaround to get what you want (I think). Open your Command Palette (Press F1 or any other shortcut you use) and type 'open settings json' and click the option you come up with which opens your settings.json file. Now, add this before the closing brackets.

code:
"launch": {
    "version": "0.2.0",
    "configurations": [
        {
            "name": "Python: Current File",
            "type": "python",
            "request": "launch",
            "program": "${file}",
            "console": "internalConsole"
        }
    ]
},
Save the file, restart VSCode and try running your python scripts with F5. You should get your results in the DEBUG CONSOLE tab from now on instead of TERMINAL.

jedishrfu said:
Ah I see. vs code seems less crashing tbh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Likes jedishrfu
pbuk said:
Bear in mind this and the fact that VS Code itself has npm dependencies (well the open source version does, I don't know if MS replaces these with proprietory code in the official version).

In 2022 there is a choice: live with the (mitigated) threat of dependency chain vulnerabilities or be orders of magnitude less productive.
Thanks for the Snyk report, I retired before it came out. At the time, we liked VS code for the reasons I gave. We didn’t have direct access to the marketplace but instead had to selectively choose our plugins and install offline as we were airgapped.

Other tools required direct access to their marketplace which made them effectively useless. It’s sad that now we have to contend with attacks on our open source. We fought so hard to get this in place but now it too will vanish As these attacks escalate and private corporations take over promising more secure repositories.

Related to Fix Pycharm Crashes with These Tips | Troubleshooting Crash.txt Report

1. What is Pycharm?

Pycharm is an integrated development environment (IDE) specifically designed for Python programming. It offers a range of tools and features to facilitate coding, debugging, and project management for developers.

2. Why does Pycharm crash?

There can be various reasons for Pycharm to crash, such as incompatible plugins, corrupted installation files, or insufficient memory. It can also be caused by a bug in the software itself.

3. How can I troubleshoot Pycharm crashes?

There are several steps you can take to troubleshoot Pycharm crashes. These include updating the software to the latest version, disabling any incompatible plugins, clearing the cache, and increasing the memory allocation for Pycharm.

4. What is the "Crash.txt Report" in Pycharm?

The "Crash.txt Report" is a log file generated by Pycharm that contains information about the crashes, such as the error message, stack trace, and other relevant details. It can be helpful in identifying the cause of the crash and troubleshooting the issue.

5. Are there any tips to prevent Pycharm from crashing?

Yes, there are some tips you can follow to prevent Pycharm from crashing. These include regularly updating the software, avoiding using too many plugins, keeping your system and drivers up to date, and allocating enough memory to Pycharm.