Fix Video Glitch in MATLAB: XP Taskbar Showing

If that doesn't work, you could also try using a different video recording software or playing the video on a different media player. It seems to be an issue with the settings on your XP machine. In summary, it is likely that the taskbar appearing in the video is due to the auto-hide feature being enabled on your XP machine. Try disabling it and using a different media player if the issue persists.
ZharAngel
I'm making a video in MATLAB using "avifile" command like so:

VelDist = avifile(['Results/VelDist','.avi'],'compression','None');
frame = getframe(gcf);
VelDist = addframe(VelDist,frame);​

What happens is that on my XP machine, the windows taskbar somehow appears in the video, and I don't suppose that's normal? Any way to fix this? It doesn't happen on my Vista machine btw.

Thanks in advance to whoever helps. =)

Edit: The screenie below is the video viewed on my Vista machine on VLC, if anyone asks about the Vista-style window.

Attachments

• MATLAB Video Glitch.jpg
    MATLAB Video Glitch.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 440
Physics news on Phys.org
It sounds like you may have the taskbar set to auto-hide, which would cause it to be visible in the video. Try disabling the auto-hide feature in the taskbar settings and then re-recording the video.

FAQ: Fix Video Glitch in MATLAB: XP Taskbar Showing

1. How do I fix the video glitch in MATLAB where the XP taskbar is showing?

The most common cause of this issue is that the "Always on Top" option is turned on in your Windows Taskbar settings. To fix this, simply right-click on the taskbar and uncheck the "Always on Top" option. This should remove the taskbar from appearing in your MATLAB video.

2. Why is my XP taskbar showing in MATLAB?

There are a few potential reasons for this glitch. As mentioned before, the "Always on Top" option in your taskbar settings may be the culprit. Another possibility is that your screen resolution is not set correctly, causing the taskbar to overlap with your MATLAB window. Adjusting your screen resolution should fix this issue.

3. Can I permanently fix the video glitch in MATLAB?

While there is no one permanent solution, there are a few things you can do to minimize the chances of the XP taskbar showing in MATLAB. First, make sure your taskbar settings are correct and that the "Always on Top" option is unchecked. You can also try setting your MATLAB window to full screen mode, which should prevent the taskbar from appearing.

4. Is there a way to fix this issue without changing my taskbar settings?

Yes, you can try using the "Alt + Tab" keyboard shortcut to switch between windows and bring the taskbar to the back. This should make it disappear from your MATLAB video. Another option is to use the "Windows + D" shortcut to minimize all windows and then reopen MATLAB.

5. Will updating my graphics drivers help with the video glitch in MATLAB?

It is possible that updating your graphics drivers could help with this issue. However, it is not guaranteed to fix the problem. It is worth trying if you are experiencing this glitch frequently, but if it does not work, you may need to try one of the other solutions mentioned above.