Fluka user routines -- Questions about Input and Output files

In summary, the speaker is asking for help in running an input file, flex_03.inp, in fluka. They mention that there is also a writect.f file associated with it, and in a different application, head.vxl and ascii_head appear in the output files. They are unsure of the steps needed to see the input and writect.f files when running it and believe that the writect.f file needs to be converted to an executable file. They are not sure of the specific process.
emilmammadzada
TL;DR Summary
Fluka user routines , example runnig problem
Hello dear experts. I want to run this input file flex_03.inp in fluka, but there is also a writect.f file belonging to this file.In another application, head.vxl, ascii_head are shown in the output files of this input file.What steps do I need to apply to the same files so that I can see this iput file and writect.f file when I run it?So I need to see the head.vxl and ascii_head files in my output files.I think I need to convert writect.f file to executable file here.I don't know exactly how things went.

Attachments

• writect.f.txt
    1.6 KB · Views: 98
  • flex_03.txt
    11.9 KB · Views: 83
Engineering news on Phys.org

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out with your question about Fluka user routines and input/output files. It sounds like you are trying to run the input file flex_03.inp in Fluka, but you are also seeing a writect.f file associated with it. Additionally, you mentioned that in a different application, the output files include head.vxl and ascii_head files. You are wondering what steps you need to take in order to see these files in your output when running the input file.

First, let me clarify that the writect.f file is not an executable file. It is a user routine file that contains code that can be called by Fluka during the simulation. It is important for you to have this file in order for Fluka to properly run the simulation.

To see the head.vxl and ascii_head files in your output, you will need to make sure that the appropriate user routines are included in your input file. This may involve adding the writect.f file to your input file and specifying its location. You may also need to specify the output format you want for the head.vxl and ascii_head files in your input file.

I recommend consulting the Fluka user manual or reaching out to the Fluka community for specific guidance on how to properly include these user routines in your input file and specify the desired output format. I hope this helps and good luck with your simulation.

Related to Fluka user routines -- Questions about Input and Output files

What are the common input and output files used in FLUKA simulations?

In FLUKA simulations, common input files include the main input file (.inp) which contains all the necessary information for the simulation, such as geometry, materials, and physics settings. Output files typically include the main output file (.out) which provides a summary of the simulation results, as well as various data files (.dat, .tab) that contain detailed results such as energy deposition, particle fluence, and dose distributions.

How can I customize the output files generated by FLUKA?

To customize the output files generated by FLUKA, you can use user routines provided by the software. These routines allow you to define specific scoring and data collection methods tailored to your needs. By modifying and compiling these routines, you can control the format and content of the output files.

What is the purpose of user routines in FLUKA?

User routines in FLUKA are used to extend the capabilities of the standard simulation by allowing users to implement custom calculations, data processing, and output formatting. These routines provide flexibility for advanced users to tailor the simulation to specific research requirements or to obtain detailed information not available through standard output options.

How do I compile and link user routines in FLUKA?

To compile and link user routines in FLUKA, you need to follow these steps: First, write your custom routine in Fortran. Then, use the FLUKA-provided makefile to compile your routine and link it with the FLUKA libraries. This process typically involves running a series of commands in a terminal or command prompt, ensuring that all necessary environment variables are set correctly.

Can I use multiple user routines in a single FLUKA simulation?

Yes, you can use multiple user routines in a single FLUKA simulation. Each routine can be designed to handle different aspects of the simulation, such as geometry modification, scoring, or data output. You need to ensure that all routines are properly compiled and linked, and that they do not interfere with each other’s operations.