For people looking to solve/verify an integral:

• Thread starter ninjagowoowoo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Integral
In summary, the conversation is about two websites that can help with solving integrals and a discussion about the usefulness of these websites. One person recommends using the websites as a tool for checking answers, while another points out that the websites may have some limitations and may not be able to solve certain types of integrals. One person even suggests using a different method to help the software solve a particular integral. The conversation ends with a discussion about potential errors in both manual and software-based methods of solving integrals.
ninjagowoowoo
I've seen a lot of people on these forums asking about integrals or to verify that they have taken a correct integral so I decided to post this. It's a website that will take the integral for you. Use it only to check your answers, as it will not provide you with each individual step. Soo yeah. Use it wisely, especially if you're just learning integrals :wink:

http://www.hostsrv.com/webmab/app1/MSP/quickmath/02/pageGenerate?site=quickmath&s1=calculus&s2=integrate&s3=basic

Hope this helps some of you! :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Nice site. It will be useful when I forget some integral rules

Here is another, http://integrals.wolfram.com/. Seems to be based on the same engine.
...Although slightly outdated, i love my 92 +...:D

It's useless.It cannot solve

[tex] \int \sqrt{\sin x} \ dx [/tex]

Daniel.

dextercioby said:
It's useless.It cannot solve

[tex] \int \sqrt{\sin x} \ dx [/tex]

Daniel.
Nope, it's your integral which is useless..:wink:

Why...?Deviously,it can solve

[tex] \int \left(\sin x\right)^{n} \ dx [/tex]

in terms of Gauss's [itex] _{2}F_{1} [/itex],but it wouldn't apply it for [itex] n=\frac{1}{2} [/itex]...

Daniel.

Well, I helped it along a bit with setting [tex]u=\cos(x)[/tex] so that we are to integrate [tex]-\frac{1}{(1-u^{2})^{\frac{1}{4}}}[/tex]
Then it worked nicely..

So the software has "bugs"...Interesting,if G & R has a lotta errors,why wouldn't a sofware have its own...?

Daniel.

Related to For people looking to solve/verify an integral:

1. What is the purpose of solving/verifying an integral?

Solving/verifying an integral is important in mathematics and science because it allows us to find the area under a curve, calculate the volume of a three-dimensional object, and determine the average value of a function. These calculations are essential in many fields, such as physics, engineering, and economics.

2. How do I solve an integral?

The process of solving an integral involves finding the antiderivative of a function. This is done by using integration techniques, such as substitution, integration by parts, or partial fractions. Once the antiderivative is found, the integral can be evaluated using the fundamental theorem of calculus.

3. What are some common mistakes when solving integrals?

Some common mistakes when solving integrals include forgetting to apply the correct integration technique, making calculation errors, and not checking for extraneous solutions. It is important to carefully follow the steps and double-check your work to avoid these mistakes.

4. How do I verify that my solution to an integral is correct?

The best way to verify the correctness of your solution is to differentiate it. If the derivative of your solution is equal to the original function, then your solution is correct. You can also use online integration calculators or check your work with a different integration technique to confirm your answer.

5. Can integrals be solved using technology?

Yes, integrals can be solved using technology such as graphing calculators, computer software, or online integration calculators. These tools can help with complicated integrals or to check your work. However, it is important to have a strong understanding of integration techniques to use technology effectively.