Force and torque question for two connected pipes

Hauzen
Thread moved from the technical forums to the schoolwork forums
Hi.
I need your help!
I have a college physics question

Suppose there are pipes A and B.
[Figure 1]
I had to connect pipe B to pipe A, but pipe B was short, so I bent A by about 30 degrees and installed it.

[Figure 2]
It's a picture of the pipe A being installed by increasing the length in photo 1.

[Question]
1. [Figure 1] and [Figure 2] Is each pipe B the same force pulling pipe A?
2. [Figure 1] and [Figure 2] are the torque the same?
3. Is the angle of bending of pipe A [Figure 2]>[Figure 1]?

I would appreciate it if you could explain it in detail!
Q1.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
It's not really clear what you're asking. It seems the forces at the end of B (F1 & F2) would be prescribed by the problem statement in each instance. It could be the same or different.

Could you clarify? Also, you should show some effort at an answer.

onatirec said:
It's not really clear what you're asking. It seems the forces at the end of B (F1 & F2) would be prescribed by the problem statement in each instance. It could be the same or different.

Could you clarify? Also, you should show some effort at an answer.
I'm sorry for the lack of explanation
Assuming that pipe B is pulling pipe A with the force of F1, I wonder if the force of F2 is the same as F1 if the length of pipe A is extended and installed above the same line as shown in the figure.

Your clarification is no better than the initial post. If pipe B is getting pulled with some force F1, why would that ever change to some other force F2? Isn't the force a specified input, not an output?

Likes berkeman
The question is as clear as mud. :oops:

Is this situation perhaps?:
Pipe A has been forced to deviate from a straight line to reach the end of short pipe B and get connected to it (90° elbow).
That force has not created a permanent deformation on pipe A, only a perfectly elastc one.

Then, we extend the portion of pipe A that is elastically deformed for the very same purpose of reaching and connecting with short pipe B.

Likes berkeman