Formula/Algorythm for 06 and 08 Elections

• News
  • Thread starter McGyver
  • Start date
In summary, for the foreseeable future, the US will continue to operate under a two-party system. As a voter, the main goal is to win, even if it's by a small margin. Elections are seen as a game, and the key to winning is having the right formula. This formula includes factors such as campaign money, poll numbers, media coverage, public sentiments, and connections to influential individuals or resources. It's important for campaign strategists to focus on their base and respond to their opponent while also adjusting to polls and sentiments. The ultimate goal is to win the election, and it may require adjusting tactics and focusing on popular issues. In the end, the country is better off with a balance of power between parties.
McGyver
For the foreseeable future, we will be run by a two-party system. As a voter - I only want a WIN. It doesn't need be by much! Elections are complex, often corrupt and against the will of the people. But they are a GAME. And, I believe as a game, one can be WON! I've come up with my weighted formula, or algorythm. Agree, Disagree, or Insert your own?

WHO PREVAILS is determined by "Whomever Has the Most..." I have attempted here to define MOST. Agree, Disagree, or INSERT yours:
a) campaign money IMP=2 20% WT6
b) poll numbers IMP=5 12% WT4
c) net (+) media coverage IMP=6 8% WT5
d) U.S. public sentiments/mistake absorption IMP=4 17% WT2
e) friends in high places, incl., corrupt resources IMP=1 25% WT3
f) net (+/-) luck/late gains incl events beyond control IMP=3 18% WT1

I weight the above criteria in order of IMPORTANCE (IMP), % RELEVANCE, and volatility weighting (WT) factor in determining final outcome. Also, remember that each of these/your criteria influences the others.

My advice to campaign strategists: Initially, savor your base and political initiatives, but respond to your opponent while adjusting to polls and sentiments, minimize damage from mistakes, make adjustments, and hunker down. You just might WIN!

Do you have the MAGIC FORMULA?

Physics news on Phys.org
G. How well you can manipulate the fundamentalist Christian right into believing that you care about issues such as gay marriage. (100%)

Hey, it worked for the 2004 elections.

"It's not the people who vote that count. It's the people who count the votes." (Josef Stalin)

The magic formula

Feed Karl Rove to the lions.:smile:

You're All Correct

Manchot said:
G. How well you can manipulate the fundamentalist Christian right into believing that you care about issues such as gay marriage. (100%)

Hey, it worked for the 2004 elections.

That's it! Think broadly. It's all a game. But you have to WIN the election, and that should be the central focus. For instance, the Democrats can split the far Right by being quiet about gay marriage, and outspoken against illegal immigration - cause middle America is more fearful of being over-run by millions of uneducated immigrants than they are of gay marriages in the community. Let the Right raise the gay marriage, don't say much, and they look like biggots. I believe it was Clinton's outspoken support for gays in the military that helped Republicans take control of the House in 1994. You can't over-reach for too much power, or you'll pay a steep political price, that is, providing your opponent calls you on it.

Of interest in the recent primary election, several Republicans prevailed by talking tough on immigration - cause that's the popular side to be on. It took momentum away from Democrats who would not do so. Now, with Al Zaquari dead, the Republicans get a "star" and a symbolic gain in this game of cards and bluffs.

I just hope the Democrats can stragetize to win one house of Congress in the Fall. I think the majority of Americans would agree the country is better off with parties splitting control. It was the failed checks and balances of two parties that led to little debate preceeding the Iraq war.

I'd look at the past winning percentage of each campaign manager.

Related to Formula/Algorythm for 06 and 08 Elections

What is the formula/algorithm used for predicting election results?

The most commonly used formula for predicting election results is the "Friston equation." This equation takes into account various factors such as voter demographics, historical voting patterns, and current economic and social conditions to make a prediction.

How accurate is the formula/algorithm for predicting election results?

The accuracy of the formula/algorithm for predicting election results can vary depending on the specific factors and variables used in the equation. However, studies have shown that these formulas can accurately predict election outcomes with around 70-90% accuracy.

Can the formula/algorithm be used for all elections?

The formula/algorithm used for predicting election results is typically designed for national or presidential elections. It may not be as accurate for predicting outcomes in smaller local or state elections, as these can be influenced by more specific factors.

Who creates the formula/algorithm for predicting election results?

The formula/algorithm for predicting election results is typically created by political scientists, statisticians, and data analysts. These experts use historical data and current trends to develop and refine the equation.

Can the formula/algorithm be manipulated to influence election results?

The formula/algorithm used for predicting election results is based on objective data and factors, making it difficult to manipulate. However, it is always important to consider the source and potential biases when using any prediction model.

Back