Free Falling Spiderman. I need to find height

In summary, the problem involves determining the height of a tall building from which Spiderman falls freely. He falls a distance of h/4 in the last 1.0 s of his fall and the solution requires specifying all the requirements and keeping track of the given information.
airgunde
Spiderman steps from the top of a tall building. He falls freely from rest to the ground a distance of h he falls a distance of h/4 in the last 1.0 s of his fall. What is the height h of the building?

The attempt at a solution is on the photo.
I am stuck and don't know where to go to get rid of the h. What can I do?

Attachments

• Physics 001.jpg
    Physics 001.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 578
Physics news on Phys.org
for these type of problems, its always good to specify all the requirements

you almost got it , but i think you couldn't see how to proceed because it got messy and confusing

[Complete solution removed. Hoot]

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to Free Falling Spiderman. I need to find height

What is "Free Falling Spiderman"?

"Free Falling Spiderman" is a popular physics problem that involves calculating the height of a fictional character, Spiderman, as he falls from a building.

Why is "Free Falling Spiderman" a commonly asked question in science?

"Free Falling Spiderman" is a popular problem because it allows students to apply their knowledge of physics principles, such as gravity and velocity, to a fun and relatable scenario.

What information do I need to solve the "Free Falling Spiderman" problem?

To solve the problem, you will need to know the initial velocity of Spiderman, the height of the building he is falling from, and the acceleration due to gravity.

How can I calculate the height of "Free Falling Spiderman"?

To calculate the height, you can use the equation: h = (1/2)gt^2 + vt + h0, where g is the acceleration due to gravity, t is the time in seconds, v is the initial velocity, and h0 is the initial height.

Is the "Free Falling Spiderman" problem realistic?

The problem is not entirely realistic as it does not take into account air resistance and assumes a constant acceleration due to gravity. However, it serves as a good exercise for understanding basic physics principles.