Freidel and Loll in Fredericton

• Thread starter George Jones
  • Start date
In summary, there will be talks by Freidel and Loll at a conference, with an invited talk on Dark Energy and Dark Gravity by Maartens. The speaker is a respected QG or QC phenomenologist with experience in both LQG and string theories. The talk may provide clues about quantum gravity and cosmology.
George Jones
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
On Thursday, Freidel and Loll will give talks at a http://www.unb.ca/fredericton/science/math/CCGRRA/" being held about an hour up the (river and) road from me, and I plan to attend. I have zero background in their stuff, so I probably will get next to nothing from their talks. I hope to get more from the invited talk, Dark Energy and Dark Gravity, by Maartens.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Hi!
Guess what I would want to hear? Let me know if there is anything interesting being said about minimum length and their approach.
I looked over the program and it appears that there will be a lot of approaches that will be presented.
jal

George Jones said:
On Thursday, Freidel and Loll will give talks at a http://www.unb.ca/fredericton/science/math/CCGRRA/" being held about an hour up the (river and) road from me, and I plan to attend. I have zero background in their stuff, so I probably will get next to nothing from their talks. I hope to get more from the invited talk, Dark Energy and Dark Gravity, by Maartens.
That is so fine! I am glad you are going George, please report anything that strikes you as interesting from any of the talks'

I very much respect Roy Maartens of Portsmouth. He is what I think of as a QG or QC phenomenologist.
He has co-authored with Bojowald
and also with Parampreet Singh
and he was an invited speaker at the Loops '05 in Potsdam.
he is not allied to LQG, he does string equally, he is a real phenomenologist
about quantum gravity and cosmology.
it will be good to get clues by what he talks about

Last edited by a moderator:

FAQ: Freidel and Loll in Fredericton

1. What is "Freidel and Loll in Fredericton"?

"Freidel and Loll in Fredericton" is a research project conducted by scientists from the University of Fredericton. It aims to study the effects of climate change on the local ecology and biodiversity in the city of Fredericton, Canada.

2. Who are Freidel and Loll?

Freidel and Loll are the lead scientists of the research project in Fredericton. They are both experts in the field of ecology and have been studying climate change and its effects on various ecosystems for many years.

3. What is the purpose of this research project?

The purpose of this research project is to understand how climate change is impacting the local environment in Fredericton. This includes studying changes in temperature, precipitation, and other factors that may affect the flora and fauna in the area.

4. How is the research being conducted?

The research is being conducted through various methods such as field surveys, data collection and analysis, and experiments. The scientists are also collaborating with local organizations and communities to gather information and involve them in the research process.

5. What are the potential implications of this research?

The findings of this research could have significant implications for understanding the effects of climate change on local ecosystems, and potentially inform conservation and management strategies in the future. It could also raise awareness about the importance of addressing climate change and its impact on the environment.

Back