Gene Interaction: Resources & References - drdolittle

In summary, the person is requesting good references and links for gene interaction, specifically gene-gene interaction and gene-protein interaction. They mention needing information about genes responsible for different functions in the body, such as learning, and how this information is encoded in genes. They also express uncertainty about the difference between gene-gene and protein-protein interaction.
drdolittle
Can somebody give me good reference and links for gene interaction.I am in dire need of it.

Regards
drdolittle

Biology news on Phys.org
What kind of interaction are you looking for?

Gene-gene interaction (http://www.cdc.gov/genomics/info/reports/research/gene_gene.htm )
gene-protein interaction

or do you mean protein-protein interaction

Last edited by a moderator:
I presume gene-gene interaction is like probing furthur compared to protein-protein interaction...am I right?

drdolittle said:
I presume gene-gene interaction is like probing furthur compared to protein-protein interaction...am I right?

Why do you need the information? If you aren't sure which you're looking for, how do you know you need it? :confused: One isn't probing further than the other, it's looking at different levels of cellular function.

well let me tell it succintly...i need information about the genes that are responsible for different functions in the body and the different activities we do.For example during learning process,and how that information is encoded in gene.

regards
drdolittle

Related to Gene Interaction: Resources & References - drdolittle

1. What is gene interaction?

Gene interaction refers to the ways in which different genes work together to influence a certain trait or phenotype. This can include interactions between genes on the same chromosome or on different chromosomes.

2. How does gene interaction affect inheritance patterns?

Gene interaction can affect inheritance patterns by changing the expected ratios of offspring phenotypes. For example, if two genes interact in a dominant-recessive manner, the resulting offspring may exhibit a phenotype that is different from what would be expected based on Mendelian genetics.

3. What are some common examples of gene interaction in organisms?

One common example of gene interaction is epistasis, where one gene masks or modifies the expression of another gene. This can be seen in coat color in mice, where a gene for black pigment can mask the expression of a gene for yellow pigment. Another example is gene suppression, where one gene suppresses the expression of another gene, as seen in flower color in snapdragons.

4. How do scientists study gene interaction?

Scientists study gene interaction through various methods, including genetic crosses, gene knockout experiments, and gene expression analysis. By manipulating genes and observing the resulting phenotypes, scientists can determine how genes interact with each other.

5. What are some resources and references for learning more about gene interaction?

Some resources and references for learning more about gene interaction include scientific journals, textbooks, and online databases such as NCBI's Gene Interaction Database. Additionally, attending conferences and workshops on genetics can provide valuable insights and information on current research in gene interaction.