Generating Colour in Excel Cells

In summary, to generate a specific color in an Excel cell, use the "Fill Color" feature in the "Home" tab and choose the desired color from the color palette. Custom colors can also be used by selecting "More Colors" and adjusting the RGB values. To apply a color to multiple cells at once, select all the cells, click on the "Fill Color" button, and choose the desired color. Conditional formatting can be used to generate a color based on a specific value or condition. To remove a color from an Excel cell, select the cell and choose "No Fill" from the color palette.
chaoseverlasting
Im trying to colour excel cells using (r,g,b) values.

I understand its possible to do this through macros or through custom functions.

Any suggestions / solutions?

Technology news on Phys.org
Macros are a good idea. There is a VBA function to color them. You can look it up, or record a macro and then analyze how it got recorded.

Related to Generating Colour in Excel Cells

1. How do you generate a specific color in an Excel cell?

To generate a specific color in an Excel cell, you can use the "Fill Color" feature in the "Home" tab. Simply select the cell you want to color, click on the "Fill Color" button, and choose the color you want from the color palette.

2. Can I use custom colors in Excel cells?

Yes, you can use custom colors in Excel cells. To do so, select the cell you want to color, click on the "Fill Color" button, and choose "More Colors" at the bottom of the color palette. This will open a color picker where you can choose a custom color by adjusting the RGB values.

3. How do I apply a color to multiple cells at once in Excel?

To apply a color to multiple cells at once in Excel, select all the cells you want to color, click on the "Fill Color" button, and choose the color you want from the color palette. The selected cells will all be filled with the chosen color.

4. Can I generate a color in an Excel cell based on a specific value or condition?

Yes, you can generate a color in an Excel cell based on a specific value or condition by using conditional formatting. Select the cell, click on the "Conditional Formatting" button in the "Home" tab, and choose the desired rule and color for the cell based on the value or condition.

5. How do I remove a color from an Excel cell?

To remove a color from an Excel cell, select the cell, click on the "Fill Color" button, and choose "No Fill" from the color palette. This will remove any color from the selected cell.