Generating Electricity from Mini Turbines: A Technical Support Guide

• Thread starter Rohan Mahadikar
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Support
In summary, the conversation discusses the idea of using mini turbines to generate electricity from water flow to an overhead tank. The person is looking for technical help and an estimate of the power output that can be generated from the system. They mention a flow rate of approximately 1 liter in 18 seconds and plan on storing the energy in a battery for future use. The estimated power output is 5 Watts assuming a pressure of 10 meters.
Rohan Mahadikar
I have an idea on placing mini turbines(just taking its principle into account) to water flow to over head tank and i have thought of generating electricity,so kindly help me with some technical help,what amount of power can be generated through this?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

How much water is being moved and how does it get there? Can you provide a diagram of the system?

russ_watters said:
Welcome to PF!

How much water is being moved and how does it get there? Can you provide a diagram of the system?
i don't have its diagram,but i can give you the flow rate of water=its approximately takes 18 seconds to fill a complete 1litre of water.can yo please provide me the power output that can be generated out of it,on an average atleast,i thought of storing it into battery and using it whenever it is necessary,so that i can save some unit of current in my home.

Rohan Mahadikar said:
i don't have its diagram,but i can give you the flow rate of water=its approximately takes 18 seconds to fill a complete 1litre of water.can yo please provide me the power output that can be generated out of it,on an average atleast,i thought of storing it into battery and using it whenever it is necessary,so that i can save some unit of current in my home.
In order to find out the power you need the pressure. Since you don't seem to know, I'll just take a wild guess and assume it is 10m of head (pressure in units of height of water column). That would provide you a power of 5 Watts.

Related to Generating Electricity from Mini Turbines: A Technical Support Guide

1. What is technical support?

Technical support is a service provided to users of technology products, such as software, hardware, or electronic devices. It is designed to assist users with troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair of these products.

2. How do I request technical support?

The process for requesting technical support may vary depending on the product or company. Typically, you can submit a support ticket online, call a support hotline, or use a live chat feature. Make sure to have your product information and any error messages ready when requesting support.

3. What types of technical issues can be resolved through technical support?

Technical support can help with a wide range of issues, including software installation and updates, hardware malfunctions, network connectivity problems, and troubleshooting error messages. They can also provide guidance on how to use a product or service.

4. Is technical support available 24/7?

Not all technical support services are available 24/7. Some may have limited hours or only be available on weekdays. It's best to check with the specific company or product to see their support availability.

5. What information should I provide when seeking technical support?

When seeking technical support, it's helpful to provide as much information as possible about the issue you are experiencing. This may include error messages, steps to reproduce the problem, and any relevant product information, such as version number or model. This will help the support team troubleshoot and resolve the issue more efficiently.