Generic Feynman parameterisation

• I
  • Thread starter CAF123
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Feynman
In summary, the speaker is trying to simplify a tensor integral by factoring out the tensor structure and using Feynman parameters to write the denominator in terms of a single propagator. They have encountered an issue with the k dependence in one term and are seeking confirmation that their proposed solution is correct.
CAF123
Gold Member
I am in the process of reducing tensor integrals down to a sum of scalar ones with the tensor structure factored out in some basis of decomposition. I am able to write some scalar products in terms of appearing propagators but I encountered one where I have something like $$\int_k \frac{k^2-m^2}{A_1(k) A_2(k) A_3(k) A_4(k)}$$ where ##A_i## are all different propagators depending on k and external momenta.

Now, turns out I can write ##k^2 - m^2 = A_3 - f(p_i) - m^2 - 2k \cdot g(p_i)##. The first three terms pose no problem but the k dependence in the last term does. For only this particular term, I was thinking of using Feynman parameters to write my denominator of four terms in terms of one single propagator as follows $$\frac{1}{A_1 A_2 A_3 A_4} \sim \frac{1}{(k^2 - \Delta)^4}$$ and then argue that under the integral $$\int d^dk \frac{k \cdot g(p_i)}{(k^2 - \Delta)^4} = 0$$ from symmetric integration.

So, my question is, without doing the lengthy calculation of feynman parameters is it true that I can write $$\frac{1}{A_1 A_2 A_3 A_4} \sim \frac{1}{(k^2 - \Delta)^4}$$ where the ##\sim## accounts for the three integrations over feynman parameters but otherwise crucially the k dependence is simply as shown?

Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
Yes, it is true that you can write $$\frac{1}{A_1 A_2 A_3 A_4} \sim \frac{1}{(k^2 - \Delta)^4}$$ with the understanding that the $\sim$ accounts for the three integrations over Feynman parameters. The k dependence in the denominator is unchanged after accounting for the Feynman parameters, so this is a valid way of writing the denominator.

Related to Generic Feynman parameterisation

What is Generic Feynman parameterisation?

Generic Feynman parameterisation is a mathematical technique used in particle physics to express the dynamics of a scattering process in terms of a set of universal parameters called Feynman parameters. These parameters can be used to describe a wide range of physical processes without the need for specific models or assumptions.

How does Generic Feynman parameterisation work?

Generic Feynman parameterisation works by representing complex scattering processes in terms of simpler building blocks called Feynman diagrams. Each Feynman diagram corresponds to a specific combination of Feynman parameters, which are then used to calculate the probability of the scattering process occurring.

What are the advantages of using Generic Feynman parameterisation?

One of the main advantages of Generic Feynman parameterisation is its flexibility. It allows for the description of a wide range of physical processes, making it a useful tool for studying different phenomena. Additionally, it does not rely on specific models or assumptions, making it a more general and robust approach.

What are some applications of Generic Feynman parameterisation?

Generic Feynman parameterisation has many applications in particle physics, including the study of high-energy collisions, the calculation of cross-sections, and the prediction of particle interactions. It is also used in the development of new theoretical models and in the interpretation of experimental data.

Are there any limitations to Generic Feynman parameterisation?

While Generic Feynman parameterisation is a powerful tool, it does have some limitations. It is most suitable for describing processes that involve a large number of particles and high energies. It may also become more complicated when dealing with higher-order interactions or when trying to account for quantum effects.