Genius guys can u solve this Fourier series problem

In summary, the conversation is about solving three problems related to Fourier Series. The first problem involves finding the Fourier Sine Series for the function f(x)=x^2 between -Π(pie) and Π(pie) and using it to deduce the value of Π^2/12. The second problem uses both Fourier Sine and Cosine series to deduce two equations involving Π(pie) and Π^2. The last problem is to find the Fourier Sine series for the function f(x)=e^x between 0 and Π(pie). The conversation also includes a clarification on whether the sine series is correct for the first problem and a request for hints on solving the first and second
installer2001
HEllo ,
Plz help me in solving these problems regarding Fourier Series:

1):Find Fourier Sine Series for f(x)=x^2 -Π(pie)<x<Π(pie)
and deduce Π^2/12=1-1/4+1/9-1/16 +-------------------

Π indicates PIE

2):With the help of Fourier Sine series and Fourier Cosine series
f(x)=x+1 0<x<Π(pie)
Deduce 1-1/3+1/5-1/7 --------------------- = Π(pie)/4
and 1+1/(3^2)+1/(5^2)+1/(7^2)--------= Π^2/8

3);Find the Fourier Sine series for function f(x) =e^x 0<x<Π(pie)

Physics news on Phys.org
Even the genius guys aren't going to do your homework for you. What have you done on this and where do you have a problem?

what the hell does Π mean??!? (kidding)

1: are you sure the problem wants you to develop as a series of sine and not sosines?

i have solved question 3 but please please tell me the hints how to solve question 1 and question 2

The reason quasar987 asked if you are sure that a sine series is wanted rather than cosine is because x2 is a even function while sine functions are all odd and any function represented as a sine series between -[itex]\pi[/itex] and [itex]\pi[/itex] will be odd. You should find that the "sine" coefficients are all 0.

Well HallsofIvy my teacher gave me these 3 questions to solve and they did'nt tell anything regarding these questions and also told srudents that these questions are very important from EXAM's POINT Of VIEW. Plz please solve this .

U guys r really genius & gr8. Well i consulted with my class fellow and they told me that tha real question is
1):Find Fourier Series for f(x)=x^2 -Π(pie)<x<Π(pie)
and deduce Π^2/12=1-1/4+1/9-1/16 +-------------------

Π indicates PIE

2):With the help of Fourier SIne series
and Fourier Cosine series
f(x)=x+1 0<x<Π(pie)
Deduce 1-1/3+1/5-1/7 --------------------- = Π(pie)/4
and 1+1/(3^2)+1/(5^2)+1/(7^2)--------= Π^2/8

3);Find the Fourier Sine series for function f(x) =e^x 0<x<Π(pie)

Related to Genius guys can u solve this Fourier series problem

1. What is a Fourier series problem?

A Fourier series problem is a mathematical problem that involves finding the Fourier series representation of a given function. The Fourier series is a way to represent a periodic function as a sum of sine and cosine functions, and it is used in many areas of physics and engineering.

2. Why is solving Fourier series problems important?

Solving Fourier series problems is important because it allows us to analyze and understand periodic phenomena in a mathematical way. It is also used in many practical applications, such as signal processing, electrical engineering, and quantum mechanics.

3. What is the process for solving a Fourier series problem?

The process for solving a Fourier series problem involves finding the coefficients of the sine and cosine functions that make up the Fourier series. This is typically done by using integration or other mathematical techniques. Once the coefficients are found, they can be used to write out the full Fourier series representation of the given function.

4. Can a computer solve a Fourier series problem?

Yes, a computer can solve a Fourier series problem using numerical methods and algorithms. However, it is important for a scientist to understand the mathematical principles behind the problem in order to properly interpret and analyze the results.

5. Are there any real-world applications of solving Fourier series problems?

Yes, there are many real-world applications of solving Fourier series problems. Some examples include analyzing the periodic behavior of electrical signals in circuits, using Fourier series in image and sound processing, and understanding the behavior of waves in physics and engineering systems.