Geometry: Solve for angles of a triangle w/line intersecting

In summary, the conversation was about a 6th grade student asking for help with a math problem involving angle rules. The person responding was unsure of the specific question and requested more information in order to provide a solution.
Jacob Dale
My mother's boyfriend's son who is in 6th grade asked me a question about the math they are learning. I thought it wouldn't be too bad but I cannot for the life of me figure it out. A solution would be greatly appreciated.

1. Homework Statement

https://postimg.org/image/1tsa4v4t8r/

Homework Equations

https://www.mathsaccelerator.com/geometry/angle-rules

The Attempt at a Solution

I tried my best but my best wasn't good enough.

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm not sure what your question is. Are you asking why the third angle is 55 degrees or what are you asking? Please clarify and we'll try to help.

Since the angles e and f are labeled, and since there is not enough information to determine them, I'm guessing there is more to the question than calculating the ##55^\circ##. Please state the whole problem.

Related to Geometry: Solve for angles of a triangle w/line intersecting

1. What is the formula for finding the angles of a triangle with a line intersecting?

The formula for finding the angles of a triangle with a line intersecting is: Angle A + Angle B + Angle C = 180 degrees.

2. How do I find the angle of a triangle if the line intersecting is perpendicular?

If the line intersecting is perpendicular, then the angle formed at the intersection is 90 degrees. You can use this information to solve for the other angles of the triangle.

3. Can I use the Pythagorean Theorem to solve for angles in a triangle with a line intersecting?

No, the Pythagorean Theorem is used to find the length of the sides of a right triangle, not the angles.

4. What if the line intersecting is not perpendicular?

If the line intersecting is not perpendicular, you will need to use additional information, such as the lengths of the sides or the values of other angles, to solve for the angles of the triangle.

5. How many angles do I need to know in order to solve for the angles of a triangle with a line intersecting?

You will need to know at least two angles in order to solve for the third angle of a triangle with a line intersecting. If the line intersecting is perpendicular, you will only need to know one angle.