Get Help Solving a Circuit Problem: Tutor-Free Solution

• Thread starter bnosam
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Circuit
In summary, the conversation is about solving a problem involving a circuit with two voltage sources. The recommended method is to redraw the circuit, apply the rules for analyzing a network with two voltage sources, and then check the result by setting certain parameters to specific values. The hint suggests redrawing the circuit with input and output impedances outside of the op amp and giving the op amp a gain of 300,000. The final step is to use standard KVL or sum of currents to solve for three nodes: vn, vo, and vg, as well as the input voltage.
bnosam

Homework Statement

http://i62.tinypic.com/2n00efo.jpg

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

[/B]
I drew the circuit here:
http://i57.tinypic.com/10rmp20.jpg
I'm not sure where to start with this problem.
Edit: Sorry for using this site for help so much, I just have midterms coming up soon and need to get practise problems solved and I don't have money for a tutor.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
My recommendation: Start with your handwritten drawing and apply the existing basic rules for analyzing a network that contains two voltage sources: Superposition.
This procedure will lead you to the correct result.
Finally, you can check your result by setting (a) the open-loop gain to infinite, (b) the input resistance to infinite and (c) the output resistance to zero.
Then, you must arriove at a simple expression that is known from the theory of IDEAL opamp applications.

Hint:
Redraw the circuit with input and output impedances OUTSIDE the op amp. Give the op amp itself a gain of 300,000.
If you do this right you will wind up with three nodes: vn, vo and vg plus of course the input voltage. vo is the op amp output voltage which will differ from vg since there will be a drop across the 5K output impedance.
Use standard KVL or sum of currents = 0.

Related to Get Help Solving a Circuit Problem: Tutor-Free Solution

1. What is a circuit problem?

A circuit problem is a type of problem that involves analyzing and solving a circuit, which is a closed loop of electrical components that allows the flow of electricity.

2. Why do I need help solving a circuit problem?

Solving a circuit problem can be challenging, especially for those who are not familiar with circuit analysis and electrical principles. Getting help can provide additional guidance and support in finding a solution.

3. Can I find a tutor-free solution for a circuit problem?

Yes, there are resources available online that offer tutor-free solutions for circuit problems. These include step-by-step guides, video tutorials, and interactive tools.

4. What is the benefit of finding a tutor-free solution?

A tutor-free solution allows you to work at your own pace and review the material as many times as needed. It also eliminates the cost of hiring a tutor, making it a more affordable option for those on a budget.

5. Are tutor-free solutions reliable for solving circuit problems?

Tutor-free solutions can be reliable as long as you are using reputable sources and materials. It's essential to double-check the accuracy and validity of the solution before applying it to your problem.