Golan Heights peacekeepers detained

• News
  • Thread starter Rudinhoob
  • Start date
In summary, about 20 UN peacekeepers have been detained by armed fighters in the Golan Heights on the border between Syria and Israel. A team has been sent to resolve the situation. The Syrian government is not likely to be affected by the death of the peacekeepers. Emotions are running high and speculation is not allowed. The situation in Syria is fluid and sources may be hard to find. Many innocent people are caught in the crossfire.
Rudinhoob
http://dailystar.com.lb/News/Middle...by-armed-fighters-in-golan.ashx#axzz2MlzeHPCn

UNITED NATIONS: The United Nations said about 20 peacekeepers had been detained by around 30 armed fighters in the Golan Heights on the border between Syria and Israel on Wednesday and that it has sent a team to resolve the situation.

Read more: http://dailystar.com.lb/News/Middle...by-armed-fighters-in-golan.ashx#ixzz2MmdfYH7J
(The Daily Star :: Lebanon News :: http://www.dailystar.com.lb)

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
So most of the world is appalled by Syria's response to the uprising and the Syrian government probably doesn't really like having UN peacekeepers witnessing what's happening in Syria ...

And Syrian rebels are holding the UN peacekeepers hostage until the Syrian government gives into their demands?!

I'd be sweating bullets right now if I were one of the UN peacekeepers, or at least I'd be wishing I could sweat bullets, because I just have this feeling that the Syrian government isn't going to be very traumatized by the death of the UN peacekeepers.

I'd be sweating bullets right now if I were one of the UN peacekeepers, or at least I'd be wishing I could sweat bullets, because I just have this feeling that the Syrian government isn't going to be very traumatized by the death of the UN peacekeepers.

The Syrian government still gets the blame? These thugs are committing more or less the same crimes committed by the government, yet we don't want the say anything about it because we are brainwashed by the puppet media and corrupt governments. When it comes to Syria, the terrorists are the good guys.

Rudinhoob said:
The Syrian government still gets the blame? These thugs are committing more or less the same crimes committed by the government, yet we don't want the say anything about it because we are brainwashed by the puppet media and corrupt governments. When it comes to Syria, the terrorists are the good guys.

Please remember rules for P&WA. If you make a claim, you must cite your source; otherwise, label your statement as your opinion.

I realize the situation in Syria is fluid and good sources may be hard to find. Emotions on both sides are running high. But we don't allow speculation here.

Rudinhoob said:
My only emotion is for the people, not the "rebels" (AKA Islamist thugs), not the official government.

I agree, so many innocents get caught in the crossfire, and not just this one. It's heartbreaking.

Rudinhoob said:
My only emotion is for the people, not the "rebels" (AKA Islamist thugs), not the official government.
That has nothing to do with the topic. Thread closed.

Related to Golan Heights peacekeepers detained

What are the Golan Heights?

The Golan Heights is a region located in the Middle East, specifically in the country of Syria. It is a disputed territory that has been under Israeli control since the Six-Day War in 1967.

Why are there peacekeepers in the Golan Heights?

The United Nations Disengagement Observer Force (UNDOF) has been stationed in the Golan Heights since 1974 to monitor the ceasefire between Israel and Syria. Their presence is meant to maintain peace and stability in the region.

Who has detained the peacekeepers?

The peacekeepers have been detained by the Syrian government, specifically by the Syrian Armed Forces. They were taken in response to an attack by Israeli forces in the Golan Heights.

What is the reason for the detention?

The Syrian government has stated that the reason for detaining the peacekeepers is to ensure their safety and to prevent further escalation of the conflict in the region. They have also demanded that the UN condemn Israel's attack.

What actions are being taken to resolve the situation?

The United Nations has called for the immediate release of the peacekeepers and for all parties to respect the ceasefire agreement. Negotiations between Syria and Israel are also ongoing. The situation is being closely monitored by the international community to ensure the safety and security of the peacekeepers.