Google images - Is there something wrong with it?

In summary, the conversation revolved around a technical issue with images not loading properly and possibly crashing the browser. It was noted that the website's image implementation is similar to Bing's, but some users prefer Bing's version. There were also concerns about inappropriate images showing up.
Newai
Or is it just my end? The top half of the images don't load for me.

Physics news on Phys.org
working fine here..

it acts a little weirdly at times. i think it has crashed firefox a time or two.

in any case, they're actually copying Bing here. and i think Bing's implementation might be a little better.

This is what I get:

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/4112/clipboard01jh.jpg

It's the same for every image. And there isn't any rollover; when I put my pointer on an image, there is no enlarged preview.

Last edited by a moderator:
I searched for the same thing.. (map) and it does work, though as proton said it does crash sometimes,

Okay, I'm getting naughty stuff now. Looks like I've got some work to do on this rig. *sigh*

personally i don't like it, got to put your mouse pointer off to the side or you got images popping up.

FAQ: Google images - Is there something wrong with it?

1. Why are some images showing up as broken or not loading on Google Images?

There could be a few reasons for this. It could be due to a slow internet connection, an error on Google's end, or the image itself may have been removed or deleted from its original source.

2. Why do some images on Google Images look different from the original?

Google Images uses a compression algorithm to reduce the file size of images, which may result in a decrease in quality. Additionally, the image may have been altered or edited by the original source before being indexed by Google.

3. Can I use any image I find on Google Images for my own use?

No, you cannot use any image you find on Google Images for your own use. Many images are protected by copyright and using them without permission could result in legal consequences. It is best to use images with a Creative Commons license or to purchase the rights to use the image.

4. How can I filter out inappropriate or explicit images on Google Images?

You can use the SafeSearch feature on Google Images to filter out explicit content. This can be done by going to the Settings menu and selecting "Turn on SafeSearch". However, keep in mind that this filter is not 100% accurate and some inappropriate images may still appear.

5. Why do some images on Google Images not match my search query?

This can happen for a few reasons. The image may have been mislabeled or not properly indexed, or the search algorithm may not be able to accurately recognize the image. It's also possible that the image may have been previously associated with a different search query.