Graph representation of particles

In summary, there have been various studies and approaches linking graph theory to particle physics, particularly in the representation of particles as nodes on a graph. Some sources to look into include the use of graphs in condensed matter and quantum chaos, the textbook "Advanced QM" by Reinhold Blumel, and the "quantum graphity" approach by Fotini Markopoulou and collaborators. Additionally, Feynman Diagrams are also worth considering in this topic.
Pants
Howdy. I'm interested in finding connections between graph theory and particle physics, particularly where particles are represented as nodes on a graph. It's my understanding that this is not a unique idea.

Would anyone know where I can find some of these models? I'm trying to figure out if what I'm thinking of is workable or is a no-go from the start.

Thanks!
-Vince

Physics news on Phys.org
BTW, the wiki page doesn't cite also the textbook by Reinhold Blumel, called Advanced QM which also includes a chapter on this topic of quantum graphs.

Thanks. I don't think that's quite what I'm looking for but it looks like a worthwhile thing to check out.

There's the 'quantum graphity' approach by Fotini Markopoulou and collaborators, see for instance this article; this has some ties with the string-net liquid of Xiao-Gang Wen and Michael Levin, see here for instance.

Related to Graph representation of particles

1. What is a graph representation of particles?

A graph representation of particles is a way of visually representing the interactions and movements of particles in a system. It uses nodes (representing particles) and edges (representing interactions) to show the relationships between particles.

2. How is a graph representation of particles created?

A graph representation of particles is created by first identifying the particles in the system and the interactions between them. These particles are then assigned as nodes in the graph, and the interactions between them are represented as edges connecting the nodes.

3. What information can be obtained from a graph representation of particles?

A graph representation of particles can provide information about the structure of the system, such as the number of particles and the strength and type of interactions between them. It can also show how the particles are connected and how they move over time.

4. How can a graph representation of particles be useful in scientific research?

A graph representation of particles can be useful in scientific research by providing a visual representation of complex systems, making it easier to analyze and understand the interactions between particles. It can also help in predicting the behavior of the system under different conditions.

5. Are there any limitations to using a graph representation of particles?

Yes, there are limitations to using a graph representation of particles. It may not accurately capture all the details and complexities of a system, and it may be difficult to interpret for systems with a large number of particles and interactions. Additionally, the accuracy of the representation is dependent on the accuracy of the data used to create it.