GRE Practice Exams: Official Sample or Quizzes?

• Thread starter MPKU
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Exams Gre
In summary, there are limited official practice exams available for the GRE Quantitative and Verbal Exam. While some resources offer free practice tests, they may have typos or improper wording. The best option is the powerprep II software from the official GRE site, which includes two official practice exams. However, these exams do not provide percentiles of past exams like other published subject GREs.
MPKU
Are there any official practice exams for the GRE Quantitative and Verbal Exam? I've looked and couldn't find a full length sample exam, with answers and percentiles. I was only able to find little practice quizzes or problem sets.

Physics news on Phys.org
The ones on greguide are close enough to the real thing, but there are some typos/improper wording in some problems. Try the powerprep II software from the official GRE site, that has 2 official practice exams.

I've never found ones with actual percentiles of past exams like you normally find for the published subject GRE's.

Related to GRE Practice Exams: Official Sample or Quizzes?

1. What are GRE practice exams?

GRE practice exams are official sample tests or quizzes that are designed to mimic the format and content of the actual GRE exam. They are meant to help students prepare for the test and get familiar with the types of questions that will be asked.

2. Are GRE practice exams the same as the actual GRE exam?

No, GRE practice exams are not the same as the actual GRE exam. They are created by the test makers to give students a realistic idea of what to expect on test day. However, the questions and scoring on the practice exams are very similar to the real GRE.

3. How can GRE practice exams help me prepare for the GRE?

GRE practice exams can help you prepare for the GRE by giving you a chance to practice your test-taking skills and get familiar with the format and types of questions. They can also help you identify your strengths and weaknesses, so you can focus your studying on areas that need improvement.

4. Where can I find official GRE practice exams?

You can find official GRE practice exams on the Educational Testing Service (ETS) website. They offer two free practice exams and also have additional practice exams available for purchase.

5. How often should I take GRE practice exams?

It is recommended to take GRE practice exams regularly throughout your studying process. This will help you track your progress and identify areas that need more attention. It is also important to take practice exams under timed conditions to simulate the real test experience.