Greetings and More than Obligatory Salutations

• Thread starter Positronix
  • Start date
In summary, greetings and more than obligatory salutations refer to the various ways people greet each other, such as saying hello or waving, and the additional phrases or expressions used to extend common courtesy, such as "good morning" or "how are you?" These social interactions serve as a way to acknowledge the presence of another person and show politeness and respect. Different cultures and settings may have different customs and expectations for greetings and salutations, but the underlying purpose remains the same: to establish and maintain positive social connections.
Positronix
How did you find PF?
Google
Hello,
My interests pertinent to Physics Forums include acoustics (since I design traditional-style woodwind instruments but with modern theory and resources), electromagnetic vibration (as it applies to amateur radio and more), and lay nuclear physics (making spinthariscopes, making radiation shielded containers, and generally having fun with geiger counters and understanding why things do what they do).

Thank you for having me.
Jeff
(I call myself Positronix because I was once injected with a medical compound I understand to literally be realeasing infinitessimal amounts of antimatter in the form positrons. I asked, "Wouldn't they run into regular matter and annihilate each other?", to which my handler replied, "They do, it's just on such a small scale the release of energy is not significantly destructive", or something like that.)

Likes berkeman and PeroK
Physics news on Phys.org
:welcome: