Growth rate of integer power sum

In summary, the growth rate of integer power sum is the rate at which the sum of consecutive powers of integers increases. It can be calculated using various formulas or manually, and studying it can help in understanding number properties and behaviors. Some real-life applications include finance, biology, and computer science. However, there is a limit to the growth rate, which can vary depending on the calculation method.
Thomas_
I need to show that

[tex]\sum_{i=0}^n i^k=\Theta(n^{k+1})[/tex]

Or equivalently

[tex] \lim_{n\to\infty}\frac{\sum_{i=0}^n i^k}{n^{k+1}}=C[/tex]I simply don't know what to do with the sum here. I know that I can rewrite or expand it, but that doesn't seem to help me. Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Physics news on Phys.org
You could think of the integer sum as a lower sum for an integral of f(x)=x^k.

Related to Growth rate of integer power sum

What is the "growth rate of integer power sum"?

The growth rate of integer power sum refers to the rate at which the sum of consecutive powers of integers increases. It is often used in mathematics to study patterns and relationships between numbers.

How is the growth rate of integer power sum calculated?

The growth rate of integer power sum can be calculated using a formula, such as the geometric series formula or the Faulhaber's formula. It can also be calculated manually by adding consecutive powers of integers.

What is the significance of studying the growth rate of integer power sum?

Studying the growth rate of integer power sum can help in understanding the properties and behaviors of numbers. It can also be applied in various fields such as number theory, calculus, and computer science.

What are some real-life applications of the growth rate of integer power sum?

The growth rate of integer power sum can be applied in various real-life situations, such as calculating compound interest in finance, analyzing population growth in biology, and predicting data usage in computer networks.

Is there a limit to the growth rate of integer power sum?

Yes, there is a limit to the growth rate of integer power sum. As the powers of integers increase, the growth rate will eventually reach a maximum value or approach infinity. This limit can vary depending on the specific formula or function being used to calculate the growth rate.