Happy Eid to PFers: Wishing You Joy and Unity!

• Thread starter lisab
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Unity
In summary, Eid is the celebration at the end of Ramadan, the Muslim fasting period. It is also known as Eid-ul-Fitr and is celebrated with a big feast. It is a time of peace and is traditionally celebrated with special cookies. Happy Eid to all who celebrate it!
Physics news on Phys.org
I could've sworn you had a PF mentor label. Who is Eid anyways?

flyingpig said:

It's the end of the ramaddan, the muslim fasting.

Happy Eid to everybody! :smile:

flyingpig said:

No, that's just my green you're seeing :biggrin:.

The end of Ramadan is celebrated by a big feast, called Eid:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eid_ul-Fitr

In that article, on the right sidebar, you can see it goes by a lot of different names.

Oh so it is what and not who...

Happy Eid! Have a good and big feast! :biggrin:

Peace be upon all. :smile:

This is a bit late but Id Mubarak everyone!

happy Eid to u

We have neighbours from Egypt. She brought us some homemade Eid special cookies. We liked it. Happy Eid!

FAQ: Happy Eid to PFers: Wishing You Joy and Unity!

1. What is Eid and why is it celebrated?

Eid is an Islamic holiday that marks the end of the holy month of Ramadan. It is a time for Muslims to celebrate the completion of their month-long fast and to express gratitude to Allah for his blessings.

2. How is Eid celebrated?

Eid is celebrated by attending special prayers at the mosque, sharing a feast with family and friends, and exchanging gifts and greetings. It is also a time for forgiveness and reconciliation, as well as acts of charity and kindness towards others.

3. Is Eid celebrated on the same day every year?

No, the date of Eid varies each year as it follows the lunar calendar. The exact date is determined by the sighting of the new moon, which marks the beginning of the month of Shawwal, the month in which Eid is celebrated.

4. Can non-Muslims participate in Eid celebrations?

Yes, Eid celebrations are open to people of all faiths and backgrounds. Non-Muslims can join in the festivities and partake in the food and traditions. It is also a great opportunity to learn more about the Islamic culture and customs.

5. What is the significance of wishing someone "Happy Eid"?

Wishing someone "Happy Eid" is a way to spread joy, peace, and unity among all people, regardless of their religion or beliefs. It is a reminder to celebrate and be grateful for the blessings in life and to spread love and kindness to others.