Happy Father's Day: A Day at the Shore with Family

• Thread starter Jimmy Snyder
  • Start date
In summary, my daughter moved out last week and is sharing a house with 4 other people, but she's coming with us today for a day at the shore. We're going to have steamed lobsters for lunch, followed by a promenade on the boardwalk, corn dogs, funnel cakes, and a ride on the skilift to nowhere. I hope you all have a great Father's Day!
Jimmy Snyder
My daughter moved out last week. She is sharing a house with 4 other people including her boyfriend. But she's coming with us today as the family takes me out for a day at the shore. It'll be steamed lobsters for lunch followed by a promenade on the boardwalk, corn dogs, funnel cakes, and a ride on the skilift to nowhere. I hope you are having or giving a happy father's day.

Physics news on Phys.org
Happy father's day all fathers. Help yourself to a tie

2z6dyd0.jpg

So far no neck ties yet, although we were discussing that in the landmark game, with the last landmark, the origine of father's day

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=270543&page=337

Last edited by a moderator:
I got up at 3am to smoke a turkey for my father. He'll be happy with the cookout and a couple of cold beers. Just a quiet afternoon with my wife and my brother and his little girl.

smokedturkey.jpg

Jimmy Snyder said:
My daughter moved out last week. She is sharing a house with 4 other people including her boyfriend. But she's coming with us today as the family takes me out for a day at the shore. It'll be steamed lobsters for lunch followed by a promenade on the boardwalk, corn dogs, funnel cakes, and a ride on the skilift to nowhere. I hope you are having or giving a happy father's day.

I miss Seaside! I have happy memories of riding the ski lift to nowhere with my dad too. For some reason, I absolutely loved that as a kid...and looking at all the flip flops on the roofs of the buildings we passed over...lol!

I hope all the dads here had a Happy Father's Day!

I worked today!

Happy Father's Day to the dads here. I sent my father what I hoped was the gift of laughter, and it was a success. We both scored. :smile:

lol @ the ties.

Happy belated Father's Day, gents!

Related to Happy Father's Day: A Day at the Shore with Family

1. What is the meaning of Father's Day?

Father's Day is a holiday celebrated on the third Sunday of June every year to honor and appreciate fathers and father figures for their contribution to their families and society.

2. What is the significance of spending a day at the shore with family on Father's Day?

Spending a day at the shore with family on Father's Day is a special way to show love and appreciation for fathers. It allows families to bond and create lasting memories while enjoying the beauty of nature.

3. How does celebrating Father's Day benefit families?

Celebrating Father's Day benefits families by strengthening the bond between fathers and their children. It also provides an opportunity for families to express gratitude and love towards fathers, which can improve overall family relationships.

4. What are some activities that families can do on Father's Day at the shore?

Families can engage in various activities on Father's Day at the shore, such as swimming, building sandcastles, playing beach games, going on a boat ride, or having a beach picnic. These activities promote family togetherness and create a fun and relaxing atmosphere for fathers and their loved ones.

5. Why is it important to celebrate Father's Day?

Celebrating Father's Day is essential because it recognizes the important role that fathers play in the lives of their children and families. It is a day to show appreciation, love, and gratitude for everything that fathers do for their families. It also promotes the value of family and strengthens the bond between parents and children.